Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Dubbing brush machine

I use a nor-vise and have for nearly 17 years. I have their dubbing brush table but find it being small. I am looking to make a larger platform for it. I will post pic when I finish

petelangevin,

Kimo posted step by step instructions for posting full size pictures in the "What are you working on thread in this forum.

If you don't have a Facebook account, you can use Imgur, which is a free picture hosting site. The instructions are basically the same.

Little late to the convo, but I found Fly Fish Food's Dubbing Brush Table to be nice, I don't own one, yet, but I will most likely buy one soon.  It's the only one I've seen that I am considering buying, the table is 15" in length, 22" overall.  At the moment, it's about $150 shipped, not including tax.  If I had the proper tools I could make a really nice one like Terry's, (I like your design best) unfortunately I don't; though I do know of someone who has a wood working shop.

22 hours ago, IanOD said:

Little late to the convo, but I found Fly Fish Food's Dubbing Brush Table to be nice, I don't own one, yet, but I will most likely buy one soon.  It's the only one I've seen that I am considering buying, the table is 15" in length, 22" overall.  At the moment, it's about $150 shipped, not including tax.  If I had the proper tools I could make a really nice one like Terry's, (I like your design best) unfortunately I don't; though I do know of someone who has a wood working shop.

I also was going to mention the one that Fly Fish Food has on their website. IMO, it's the nicest one I've looked at. I don't generally shop there, and have no intention of buying one there, as I'm sure that I can make something similar enough myself. But the design is really nice.

I also recently met a fellow online, in a facebook group I think, who was making them and his design is very similar to the one Fly Fish Food has. Unfortunately, he was located in South Africa, so the shipping wouldn't likely make it worthwhile to purchase from him.

I haven't made any brushes, but have been using some. I really like them and can see a lot of potential for the flies I tie. So far I've only used them for saltwater patterns. 

Yes, Ian, welcome! 👍