Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Caddis for Christmas VII

We'll have a lot of flies drifting through the mail since I will get the bulk of the Secret Santa flies out then if the stocking stuffers arrive soon.

Last box arrived today. I still have a little work to finish on your Santa surprise, but will get them in the mail soon. Thanks to all the tyers for getting the flies here on time. This may be the best set of Christmas Caddis yet!

Just got my package today, nice work everyone! Thanks for the gift Bob, Ill let everyone find out for themselves what it is but I cant wait to try it out, thanks again for hosting!

I double-dipped today A package from California and one from Oklahoma. The Caddis look good and the extra will be appreciated on a cold New Hampshire evening. Mulled wine and a Christmas fly swop opening anyone?

Fishingbobnelson

Thanks for host this continued CADDIS fly swap.

There are some awesome flies in this box I received today

Merry Christmas and Season Greetings

Picked mine up at the P.O. Today. Great flies!

Thanks again for hosting, Bob. And the extra will be enjoyed as well.

Merry Christmas.

Package came in today Bob and flies look as great as they usually do. Thanks to all and to you especially for hosting and your Christmas bonus. It's actually my wife who enjoys that gift since it is the type of thing she loves.

With all the great flies it is hard to single anyone out but I have to say, Troutguy did something special with that cased Caddis with the shell and the little hooked legs. Don't know how much time he had to spend on each fly but I'm sure it was considerable and I wouldn't risk losing this to a "pellet rainbow" but would only put it on if I saw a +20" Brown sticking it's nose down into the gravel grabbing cased Caddis. When I first started fishing trout more years ago then I like to admit I could not figure how so many had gravel and little sticks in their stomachs and wondered if they had to munch gravel like a Partridge to help digest their food. Then someone told me about the way they root out cased Caddis and that's where it came from. This is the closest to what I found in some of their stomachs than any other fly I've seen.

Thank you Bob Nelson! Great swap and thank you for the extras!

GREAT flies everyone!

Vicrider thank you for the compliment. They do work very well in slow deep pools.