Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TIER

Who here recommends Steeldrifter's rods

Awesome! Steeldrifter, what are the prices of a 6wt, an 8wt, a 12wt, and a 3wt? Also, Mikechell, you are wrong. This is steeldrifter after all the complements.

post-64672-0-17970800-1573242238_thumb.png

I own a one weight rod that Steve built for me and its one of my favorite rods. I fish a certain river in western Ma. that requires 7x tippet quite often

and I find that I get much fewer breakoffs with the 1 weight than a 4 weight I own.

Mike

I now have 3 rods from Steve and delighted. Really gets your wishes nailed down over a few emails. Would and do recommend him to lots of folk.

Awesome! Steeldrifter, what are the prices of a 6wt, an 8wt, a 12wt, and a 3wt?

Honestly there are way too many variables to give a price just based on that. Depends what sort of length, number of pieces, reel seat type, etc etc. But to give you a ballpark I always try to give better prices to FTF guys here so just as a round about ... somewhere between $145-$175 usually on most average size rods. Then 12wt's the blanks are a bit more costly and the reel seats are a bit bigger as well as most times in that size they are used in salt so guides and seat need to be corrosion resistant. So once you get into that size range you're usually looking up over $200+ range.

I own one of Steve's 3wt nymphing rods and am very happy with it. The next rod I buy will come from him as well.

Quality blanks and quality work on them. With rods as good as any selling for double his prices to members you could never go wrong.

I have a 9'10 4wt it's a nice trout rod I wouldn't want to go lighter unless I was already set up with something that weight or heavier.

I have an 8wt Steve built for me it's great, very well done.

I have an 8, 10, 12, and a spinning rod from Steve. Steve really understands flyfishing and rodbuilding, so each rod is a joy to use. I strongly recommend him.