Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

problem with the site

It's frustrating. I can't look at more than two screen changes before it happens. It's not any better, in my opinion.

Honestly I'm about to walk away and take a break for a bit if it doesn't get better. It's pointless to even click on the site because you spend 75% of your time just trying to get it to work. If its a server problem then I don;t see why the server company can't get it sorted. Its been doing this for quite a while.

I agree with that idea

Its too bad this site is going downhill fast

A few handfuls of people provide a lot of content on this forum and sure would be a waste to see us leave

this forum is the go to site for a lot of fly tyers and fishermen. it should be worth it to keep it alive

maybe this site needs an overdue house cleaning

delete all of the 25+ pages of registered users that have zero posts and will probably never post. thats gotta remove some data from the server

delete all of the forum categories noone is allowed to post on. more open space on the server

maybe consider updating the forum software to the latest version or even a different software

if the current isp/server company cant figure it out, move to a new one. ask them if they have more robust security options to help keep out spammers or spamming bots

forums are going to have a glitch here and there but this forum is having the worst problem of any other forums i frequent

steve please dont walk away from the forum. you seem to be the guy that can contact will when things go to shit.

Fingers crossed that going through thousands of requests in the log file we were able to see the source of the issue. The forums use a caching and firewall service that was put in place to keep the sites from bad bots. All traffic gets routed through this service and then to the server. The server was seeing the same ip address(from this new service) as a potential attack and there was a setting in place to only allow an ip so many connections per hour. Once it reached that threshold is when it would start throwing the 522 errors. We whitelisted the ips from this service which should hopefully normalize things.

Long story short there is a lot that goes into this stuff. I will offer up an apology which I always do when I fall short of making the community here happy. Never my intention. Never a lack of caring.

About 5 minutes in and no errors yet bud, normally I would have had at least 10-12 errors by now. I think you found the problem smile.png smile.png smile.png (also seems to be working much faster as well)

I'm typing and sending and clicking on different posts and ... I'm so happy to not be getting the error message !!! biggrin.png

Thank you, Will, for going through the issue and getting it fixed. No apology necessary ... you didn't start the problem, but you did clear it!

Thank you, again!

Thanks SmallieHunter, both for the forum and for getting it fixed. No apology needed.

Oodles of problems with site today. Incredably slow, resourse limit gets reached, and when I try to post says I don't have permission for that

Doug

Tec in today to fix office computer server which everything here is tied to. Said it was a bad windows update, so the above may have been my problem. Sorry but works good again

Only the second time I've been able to get on since this morning. I was getting the same "error code".

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.