Fly Tying
vicrider

The last Christmas Santa post

Thanks all, and Nick.

We're well safe from the fires here, thankfully. And there was even a bit of Christmas rain in a few areas that have been battling for months.

We're lucky more people haven't died and I'm thankful for that.

OMG

I received the most awesome box and box of flies ever.

Thanks Nick for hosting and sending this great gift

Thanks BACCHUS_2 for your box and great flies.

Seasons Greetings to all.

Interesting dfd. I see you from OK but your favorite fish is specks and reds. So if youll send me an addy Ill send you one of these click poppers that you can trail with one of these shrimp. Even though Im hour and half from the Gulf I prolly limited on my trips like you. No salties much in the Santa deal. Can you use the toothy stuff on pike and musky in Ok (?) or bring them to the Gulf when you go?

Anyway you can figure out how to make/ tie them.

CA758-CD8-473-E-497-C-9-CE3-7212-EEB7-F2

Yeah I was stationed in Savannah GA when I joined. They're still my favorite fish but it's a once a year deal for me to fish for them. No pike or musky here, but I will use them when I take trips to the gulf or Jacksonville.

We have bass, gar, and striper. I imagine the gar and striper would both take a clicker

denduke, just so your know I split some of your box up and dogfacedoc was the only other guy who had saltwater fish down and he was one of the winners in the bonus spindown. The others in your box went overseas to Australia along with your saltwater box. There were several nice bonus boxes this year thanks to you and your generousity. Hope you enjoyed the painted box I sent you that you can either use or use for desk storage. I've had it for awhile but never wanted to take if fishing and get all banged up. Too pretty. I threw a few random flies in there for you but as you asked just a few to demo what others were sending in.

May the New Year bring health, wealth, and a 24" brown on a size 24 Rusty Spinner and 7x tippet.

You did fine. Sorry to put you in a pickle. But like I said I typically wanta catch fish on MY flies thus my stuff was gift to ereybody. The box is fine I got one similar my daughter paid $40 for it. It too is colored brown trout skin. I am well pleased. Thanks for your effort as ereybody certainly feels.

This is a great place for learning and exchange of ideas. And thats what is so great. I just wish ereybodys origin would be in their posts. Not much of that in profiles despite mods claims. Switching back and forth to full version from mobile is pain and then people havent filled it out. Anyway a great diverse of people here is what I enjoy. My bugs went to Australia. HotDamn!!!!!

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=87788

Catching the thread wraps with the UV resin rather than tying a knot makes the tails easy. The kids hair from DollarTree works better than the supreme fiber used on store boughts. The glass rattle defines the head. Bringing hook out the top not practical. Started adding 4 strands of crystal flash for antennas and using the lil bridal balls for eyes, lots easier. They look like shrimp but have no action. Jerk/pause works but not like the hour glass lead eyed counterparts that hop along the bottom.

976-D3-AC5-8-DB5-43-F1-A722-F7-D3-E8-E08