Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

9' 5wt Military rod

It was my privilege and honor to build this rod for this customer, because it is not everyday someone achieves the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and this persons family wanted a rod as a gift to mark the occasion for this military fly angler. I went with colors that match his uniform dress blues so stuck with a black blank wrapped in blue with a bright yellow gold metallic trim. Also went with a carbon fiber seat that is actually a blue carbon fiber. Some dark & light mix cork give the grip a bit of a camo look and some blue accents tie it all together.

BTW Mike don't droll all over your screen at that seat lol

iTEBSi.jpg
FagRGP.jpg
pNWG3C.jpg
LjxD32.jpg

mellow.png Not saying a word. You guys think that just because it's blue that I'l ...

wub.png

Okay ... that's a beautiful stick. I am envious of the recipient!

As an Air Force retiree, I cant stop looking at that. I may build my next rod similar to that. I will also show that to the Project Healing Waters people that I will be teaching rod building to. Thanks.

But it's not just that it's blue, it's that deep rich blue and beautiful work with a purpose behind it. Yep, that's a special build right there !