Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

Youtube TV

This is kind of a strange post but awhile ago my son put Youtube on my TV and I didn't pay much attention until I wanted to look up a fly swap idea. It did not take me long to realize that for free this is one of the best entertainment channels out there. Commercials? Yes but short, seldom, or you can "skip" most of them after 5 seconds. There is so much more than guys getting there jewels cracked one way or another or dogs or cats being "dahling things". There are great videos on fish all over the world. Every fly tying video on 52" instead of 15". And documentaries, nature videos, deep sea creatures, the hard life of the desert or the arctic, you want to see it it's there on search. We dropped Satellite a few years ago when it just got out of hand and have Netflix and Hulu but you pay a monthly on those. Youtube is well worth adding to your channels and taking some time to explore it will astound you what is out there for free.

We're happy with our channels.

I saw that YouTube thing and we figured it'd just be one more in an almost endless string of channels. I've read that, eventually, they'll start charging if you want to keep it ... but that's just rumor at the moment.

The variety is endless including news and documentaries -- including foreign language; exotic fly fishing trips and tips; old TV shows; any music you can imagine; endless DIY fixes; car stuff including in-depth user info not in the manuals and actual road tesfs; ....-

My only gripe is that once I say "not interested" they still shove the same thing my way -- at least when I am not in my personal subscribed mode.

I avoid the "trending" stuff like the plague as maybe 1 in a 100 interests me.

Rocco

Ya, it's a nice place. You know those rabbits I caught? I learned it from youtube. There's also a bunch of stupid things like video games and share my story videos (DON"T LOOK UP THOSE)

Here are a few channel to check out if you like fishing.

1rod1reelfishing

APBassing

Jon B.

Mark Knapp Alaska Adventures (Mark Knapp's channel, he also does hunting)
Alaskaboy TV (my channel)

Fishingpervert (Mikechell's channel)

Fly TV, A channel dedicated to fly fishing

William Larkham Jr.

Sorry to get away from this post for awhile but when I listed Youtube TV I probably confused some like flytier. I actually have the same old free Youtube you have on the computer except on the big screen TV. I may yet go to the subscription Youtube and drop a couple of paid channels I seldom use anymore but at this time I just mean the freebee but on the big tube.

Sorry to get away from this post for awhile but when I listed Youtube TV I probably confused some like flytier.

sorry nick but please do not assume i'm the one who is confused smile.png (see post #6)

sounds like you just have the youtube app on your tv just like a gazillian of other tv viewers

i have the youtube app on my roku streaming device as well as on my xfinity tv tuner box

Right Norm. I have the streaming Youtube and maybe a gazillion others have it but it was new to me and didn't realize you could put the free one the big screen. Remember I'm an old guy who didn't even turn on a computer until I was in my 40s. If it wasn't for my son I'd still not know you could put it on the big screen.