Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
petelangevin

Fiskars curved scissors

I made a trip to wallyworld yesterday and saw these little gems in the craft dept, for 8$ it was worth a try. They have good sharp blades, not serrated but will see how the work with deer hair. Anyone else using these?

Yeah, inexpensive scissors from Wally World and CVS. The only scissors I've got from "fly tying" companies were bought on sale or in a grab bag from a "flea market".

I have been using the 4 inch seamstress fiskar scissors for years

No need for so called specialty scissors in my opinion

xGepr42.jpg

I have that exact pair. Works as well as any other scissors Ive ever owned. Fly tying specific scissors are a sham, in my ever so humble opinion.

I have a pair like that, but the finger holes are child size. They stayed sharp a long time after getting them off my knuckles. Work ok if used only with pinky and palm, but other scissors that fit better work better. I think surgical scissors are still ~$4.

My scissors typically come from suture sets at the hospital. When one wears out I just grab one from the next laceration repair that comes in.