Fly Tying
breambuster

The Well-Stocked Flybox

Got you, r2732 & jburge. First post has been updated. Pick6ofem, check your PM.

Still 3 slots open. If anyone wants to invite someone, please do. And if someone out there is watching and sitting on the fence, don’t wait too long.

BB

I'm doing a bead head nymph, #12, with brown body, gold rib, and black thorax. I am using elk underfur for the dubbing. It's a great dry fly and fine nymph dubbing.

Ok. Today is the LAST day to sign up for Round 1. If anyone else wants in, let me know ASAP, or else we will close the swap at 9 swappers. This is the last call.

BB

Go ahead and put me in !!! I'm almost done with one swap and mine and the grandsons pinewood derby cars will be done this weekend.

Steve -stabgnid

Ok, Guys, this swap is now officially closed with 10 swappers. That means that each of you will submit 10 flies and you will get back 10, but not one of your own. The due date is a hard date of February 10. That means that you are expected to have them in my possession on or before February 10. Do NOT wait until February 10 to mail them. I would suggest that you all try VERY hard to have them in the mail by February 3. Round 2 will BEGIN on February 10. And if you want in, you need to be signed up by that date. I will post Round 2 in early February.

BB

Hey Guys. I’m a bit behind, but Woodenleg’s flies this past Thursday. First set in. Congratulations. I’ve just thought of another small incentive, and Woodenlegs will be the first. I’ve decided that on my swaps, whoever gets their set in first will get an extra fly for me. It will be a random choice on my part, but it will be something different from the swap pattern. Congratulations, Woodenlegs!

BB

So what's the theme for your next swap? rolleyes.gif

Tungsten bead, fluroescent orange thread tag, copper brown rib, turkey biot body, CDC collar. Also a small red thread silver ribbed bonus.

DSCF5578 (2).JPG

My flies are done, Please sens an address.

I tied Dick Surette's copper bug as decoded by Norm Frechette.

hook: Mustad 38941 or 9672 or equivalent

thread: brown

tail: cock pheasant barbules

rib:peacock herl reinforced with fine oval gold tinsel or wire

body: wrap the entire hook shank starting at the bend and going to just behind the eye with one layer of copper wire then wing the wire back to form the thorax and then forward to the eye. One layer of wire on the abdomen and 3 layers on the thorax. I used BR copper Ultra Wire.

wing case: cock pheasant barbules

legs: brown hackle trimmed on top

thorax : peacock herl

note: tie in the tail, and the peacock herl and wire for the rib. Wrap the copper wire and then wrap the rib forward. Tie in the wing case, hackle, and peacock herl in that order. wrap the herl forward, palmer the hackle forward and tie down the wing case.

I'm in for the emergers. I will tie Bob Wyatt's Snowshoe Hare Emerger.