Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TIER

Super Bowl LIV

The cheifs won!! nobody thought they would.

Wrong. I called it. Well me and a few million others I'm sure.

Should be a great game. I'm rooting for the chiefs because they have a great fan base who deserve a big win. Start beating the drum KC.

As far as the halftime show........ dissapointing unless your into twerking. I'm going back to drinking coke.

I didn't watch either.

I had one of the best ice fishing days I've ever had. Caught about 70 fish, they ranged from 10 inches to 23 inches. I had ten doubles, it's legal to fish two rods on the ice here. Caught a Quartz lake grand slam- that's at least one of each, a rainbow, a char, a silver salmon and a king salmon. The four biggest were a 20, 21, and 23 inch char, and a 22 inch rainbow. I let them all go so I don't have any pictures of fish but I did get quite a bit of video.

I guess the game was OK too if you like that sort of thing.smile.png

Mark have you noticed catching there same fish multiple times often fishing in the same area for an extended period of time.

Mark have you noticed catching there same fish multiple times often fishing in the same area for an extended period of time.

I have noticed that when fishing for pike but not for trout. I watch for hook marks but really don't see any. I did catch one trout two weeks ago that was dragging a clump of knotted fishing lines. It had a total of four different hooks all tangled up in there.

I had an underwater camera down and I can see that when you let the trout go they shoot out of the area like they're never coming back. I could see up to twenty different trout under my house at the same time. It's a big lake and the schools rove around under there.

The lake is very popular and gets pretty heavy pressure (from my standards, up to ten different individuals or groups on a nice Saturday) but most people use the same thing, a jig and power bait. The fish are pretty well educated to that system. I use hand tied jigs that imitate minnows and bugs tipped with home cured bait, shrimp or salmon eggs.

Im not a big football fan but I do like to watch the super bowl. This one was a lot of fun. Watching the first three quarters, I didnt think the chiefs had a chance of winning. The 49ers were just rolling over them but Mahomes is an animal. Three back to back touchdown drives. That kid is gonna do some awesome stuff. And, Joe Montana was my hero in middle school so I thought it was cool watching his teams battle it out. :D

Would much rather have been fishing but watching the game with my boys was a damn good time.

Im not a big football fan but I do like to watch the super bowl. This one was a lot of fun. Watching the first three quarters, I didnt think the chiefs had a chance of winning. The 49ers were just rolling over them but Mahomes is an animal. Three back to back touchdown drives. That kid is gonna do some awesome stuff. And, Joe Montana was my hero in middle school so I thought it was cool watching his teams battle it out. biggrin.png

Would much rather have been fishing but watching the game with my boys was a damn good time.

If I'd had boys to watch it with, I would have done that. Good for you, I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Im not a big football fan but I do like to watch the super bowl. This one was a lot of fun. Watching the first three quarters, I didnt think the chiefs had a chance of winning. The 49ers were just rolling over them but Mahomes is an animal. Three back to back touchdown drives. That kid is gonna do some awesome stuff. And, Joe Montana was my hero in middle school so I thought it was cool watching his teams battle it out. :D

This is one of the great things about football. My youngest daughter watched football and hockey with me. She would ditch her friends to go to the games with me. When the Eagles went to the Super Bowl she drove home from Virginia just to watch the game with me. Football also brings whole cities, regions really, together on game day. It doesn't matter your race, gender, religion, political affiliation or your rung on the ladder, on game day everybody becomes one. What's not to like about football for that reason alone.

I agree dflan, it was a very entertaining game and KC fans united for a great party afterwards.

Football also brings whole cities, regions really, together on game day. What's not to like about football for that reason alone.

The problem is the same as christmas. It's only temporary. wink.png

https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/gallery/notable-sports-riots-gallery-040212

Yeah but kids are great.smile.png

Yeah but kids are great.smile.png

wacko.png We'll just have to agree to disagree. wink.png
Youre both right. Some days theyre awesome. Other days you want to take em on a nice, long drive in the country and drop them off somewhere. :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this