Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
artimus

Canon G2 Powershot

Got a G2 at great price, but have problems getting the drivers installed from the Canon website. The software that is with the the camera is the Win 2000 ME based OS.. Need some help here guys.

Art

What problems are you having with their website? That is usually the best place to get the drivers you need.

Will,

I can get right to the driver download site, and download the file, but it is empty. All that is in the file is the link to download the file.

Kev,

I'll look at that site to see if I can find the driver file that I need.

Wish me luck!!

Art

artimus, whats your email addy? do you have a high speed connection? i can email it to ya. i downloaded it through canon and its a .exe file, i think its complete.

steve

MSUICEMAN,

Now we might be on the something here.

The software package is for 98/Me/2000, and I'm running XP. Look for my email addy in a PM. Thanks, and Ihope that this works.

Art

Art,

You'll be very happy with the G2! It's a great camera, and part of the already excellent Canon family.

I hope everything works out for you with the drivers,

Nick

Here's something. When I plug in the USB cable and turn on the camera, I get this 4 beat tone that means? It is not a good sound. A bad USB connection?

Art

Steve,

I got the drivers and they are installed. Thanks

ANOTHER thing.....The drivers that Steve sent are the WIA drivers. Do I still need the TWAIN drivers?

So much for plug and play.... mad.gif

Art

WIA is a new standard for drivesr for peripherals such as scanners and cameras. it stands for Windows Imagine Acquisition. it replaces the TWAIN drivers for the most part. its more of a standardized form of a driver so its easier and cheaper to develop a driver for a device basically.

as for the tone, i get tones whenever i turn on and off USB devices. Might just mean that a USB device was found active, and all that. If you have any pics on the camera, hook it up and start up windows imaging. see if it finds it.

steve

another thing, make sure the camera is on and in playback mode in order to d/l pics off of it. I think its always like this for all canon cameras, as it is on my canon A95.

steve