Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mark Knapp

Customs out customs in

Wow, that is awesome. How much are those? I want to buy one!

I believe this falls under the old saying ... "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

I'm not a knife guy but I am a craftsmanship guy and that knife is simply breathtaking. Unbelievable level of craftsmanship. Stunning! I can't even imagine the skill, experience and passion it takes make something like that. Holy crap that is a nice knife.

Thank you Mr. Poopdeck

I'm not a knife collector but a friend is. Luckily he lives in the sticks with no internet available because his screen would be covered with drool looking at that knife. My compliments to you Mark on a practical/usable work of art.

Les

I'm not a knife collector but a friend is. Luckily he lives in the sticks with no internet available because his screen would be covered with drool looking at that knife. My compliments to you Mark on a practical/usable work of art.

Les

Thanks Les

I believe this falls under the old saying ... "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

Yep even the materials on that sucker are enough to cause an uncomfortable wound on many of our wallets.

Just how many hours go into making a knife like that?

That one, because it doesn't have any engraving on it takes about 70 hours, starting from making the damascus. The one I'm working on now is almost exactly like that one but it is fully engraved. It will take about 100 hours to complete. I'll post a pic. when I'm done.

Yep even the materials on that sucker are enough to cause an uncomfortable wound on many of our wallets.

The materials are easier for me to get than the average Joe because I live close to the source. I have a small handle-material business, and I supply to many other knife makers.

Thank you everybody.

Enjoy steele’s workmanship, they look fabulous and throw even better, well, speaking that is for 7 purchased, so far :)

Thank you everybody.

Enjoy steele’s workmanship, they look fabulous and throw even better, well, speaking that is for 7 purchased, so far smile.png

Sounds like you might know what you're talking about. I'm sure I will enjoy them, I already am although I haven't been able to cast them yet.