Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DarrellP

Fun with Foam Swap

Fun with Foam Phooey. I never got any foam flies down right yet and I've tyed 3 sets of flies now from 3-6 in a set and tossed them. I will come up with something but it's liable to be a beetle or ant just so I don't embarrass myself. Got time to keep trying some different patterns and see if I can get something out of it. Not having Fun with Foam though.

In the mail. Tracking number 9500 1155 9401 0049 2382 06

ETA 2/21

Mine hit the PO today, check PM for tracking #. Thanks for hosting Doc, enjoyed tying those and it gave me a reason to buy a chartreuse bucktail.

Got some flies from Ryan. Not sure of your screen name.

Sounds like mine.

Mine will hit the mail tomorrow. I ended up just doing some foam and rubber on a hook to toss out when they'll hitting anything and you don't want to ruin you good flies. I also sent along one of the flies to each person that were my first aborted attempts. They are a couple of different styles but again should be usable when 'gills and crappies are ruining every thing you throw out there.

edit...Flies went out today. Unlike most of my ties these have a barbed hook. I left the barb on them and didn't crush like I usually would (mostly I buy barbless) since this is used by many as a dropper down to a beadhead nymph or small jig. I have had the rare loss of leader and fly on barbless first hook and read some others have. Don't how the leader pulls off but it can happen so barbs are on these flies.

Holy Cow !! I have mine done early !!! They will be in the mail this week ...

Steve-stabgnid