Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DarrellP

Fun with Foam Swap

Mine are in. Thanks for hosting and great addition to different boxes. Can't wait to try the popper chain out on a local pond as waters start to warm.

Got mine today.  Bass, pickerel, and panfish will be in trouble.

On 1/30/2020 at 7:42 PM, stabgnid said:

put me in please

Steve-stabgnid

Hey Steve, I believe you tied the fly below for this swap.  

Let me tell you, what a great pattern for my lake.  Unfortunately I did not have my phone with me last night down at the lake, so I didn't get any photos.  I tied this fly on and cast it out 6 times, I was 6 for 6.  Caught 3 and 3 released themselves.  The panfish were jumping on it within seconds of it hitting the water.  The 7th time it hit the water, the fish pulled it into the lily pads before I had a chance to strong-arm him away.  I lost the fly and the fish.    

Do you mind posting the name and recipe, so I can tie some.  Otherwise, I'm gonna have to break out the snorkeling gear.  

Thanks in advance. 

On 3/21/2020 at 9:49 PM, dogfacedoc said:

20200321_203326.jpg

19 hours ago, niveker said:

Hey Steve, I believe you tied the fly below for this swap.  

Let me tell you, what a great pattern for my lake.  Unfortunately I did not have my phone with me last night down at the lake, so I didn't get any photos.  I tied this fly on and cast it out 6 times, I was 6 for 6.  Caught 3 and 3 released themselves.  The panfish were jumping on it within seconds of it hitting the water.  The 7th time it hit the water, the fish pulled it into the lily pads before I had a chance to strong-arm him away.  I lost the fly and the fish.    

Do you mind posting the name and recipe, so I can tie some.  Otherwise, I'm gonna have to break out the snorkeling gear.  

Thanks in advance. 

It's called a Hippie Stomper

Here is the YouTube Video that I got it from plus they use them here in Wisconsin in a #14 to catch trout on in the Summer /Fall.

That one is tied on a #12 Firehole Stick #618  This fly you can sub a lot of different Material to ..

Steve-stabgnid

Hippie Stomper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAKWnnq_ZSI