Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Randal2817

Green caddis outfitters

I want to get some hooks from Green Caddis outfitters,I saw some reviews a long time ago and most were not good,is this company reliable?

I have had no problems with them at all. I haven't ordered the hooks but I do have 5 of the fly boxes. The service was fast, complete and the boxes are really good, IMHO. And they were on sale 1/2 price so that's even better.

I have never had any problem with getting my fly boxes and hooks. But I am having trouble now.  I did not receive a fly box I ordered, although tracking says someone picked it up in Ohio (not my state).  I can't find a number to call Green Caddis.  Does anyone have a contact for them?

On 2/3/2020 at 7:37 AM, Randal2817 said:

I want to get some hooks from Green Caddis outfitters,I saw some reviews a long time ago and most were not good,is this company reliable?

100% reliable.  Hook prices are great, so many sizes sell out fast.  Just received an order last week.  Very prompt service...

and, they own this website

I have also recently received hooks and fly boxes. The orders were always prompt and correct, and very fair prices. Couldn't be happier.

It's also the company that supports this forum, so I always try to get what I need at GCO first.

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I can't find a number to call Green Caddis.  Does anyone have a contact for them?

I haven't dealt with them in quite some time. ( I don't use up much material, so I don't buy very often)

There is no phone number on the website, but there is an e-mail request box.  

I'm moving this thread to the Green Caddis Forum, so perhaps they'll contact you through this thread.

I ordered and received a bunch of hooks from them in may.  Delivery was prompt from UPS ground.   I don't have a phone number for them.  I have another order of hooks that I ordered last week and it is now in the hands of UPS ground for delivery.   I will look at the receipt that comes with the shipment to see if there is a phone number.

I have not been on this site in ages and was surprised that my name and pass work still works.

1 hour ago, Scruffy Fly said:

Delivery was prompt from UPS ground.

Same experience here @ 2 weeks ago, which was my first order.  Prices seem great, hooks look good.  Have not fished them yet, but don't anticipate any problems from what I see so far.  I'll definitely order again.   

Have just ran a large order to them last Friday, it came yesterday.  I have found that it may not be the vendor but UPS is the one that drops the ball. Had an order to Feather Craft and it went all over the US, 5 weeks worth, till it came to me.