Fly Tying
fshng2

Poppers, Sliders & Divers Show Us Your Patterns

I do like that natural cork look of those poppers.  Actually more "buggy" than almost all painted poppers.

Nice Poppers PD, silli legs look good.

I like the frogs Philly, I will have to tie one.

Sneaky Pete

Hook: Herters #2 423R6XL

Head: Cork

Legs: FTD Bug Legs

Tail: Bk Strung Hackle/Yel Maribou

AidqWX1.jpg?1

10 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

Actually it's a misspelled word play on "al dente" as in quick or slightly undercooked pasta. The correlation being the poppers are not painted so they are quick to make but not entirely done. 

Yeah, that makes more sense (al dente = undercooked (not entirely done) instead of soft).  In any case, they all look great.  I envy your productivity.  

Yeah Mike, i like the natural cork and I'm not sure why I paint so many of them. Winter blues I guess. I may try dying a few of them to see what that looks like.

Thanks Niveker but my productivity is maybe 6 to 8 flies a month on a good month. I bought a huge bag of cork popper bodies in all sizes and shapes about 20 years years ago. I used up all the large ones for floating striper jigs but I still have a hundred or more bass and panfish size bodies to use up. time to get cracking.