Fly Tying
fshng2

Poppers, Sliders & Divers Show Us Your Patterns

I have been contemplating picking up an airbrush but just can't justify spending the money for the couple dozen poppers at most I paint each year. This year I picked up some color shifting and pearlescent paints at the hobby store and discovered the lost art of finger painting. I'm not sure how well the photo shows it but I'm super happy with the transition from a very light color shifting green to white on this popper. So much so that I plan on shaping some more cork to smear paint on.

attachicon.gif aaa.jpg

Have you seen this for under $7?

It will only work with markers though.

GIJYWM4IRTS.1581816467.jpg

Kimo

Where did you get that Kimo?

I have been contemplating picking up an airbrush but just can't justify spending the money for the couple dozen poppers at most I paint each year. This year I picked up some color shifting and pearlescent paints at the hobby store and discovered the lost art of finger painting. I'm not sure how well the photo shows it but I'm super happy with the transition from a very light color shifting green to white on this popper. So much so that I plan on shaping some more cork to smear paint on.

attachicon.gif aaa.jpg

Have you seen this for under $7?

It will only work with markers though.

GIJYWM4IRTS.1581816467.jpg

Kimo

Where did you get that Kimo?

Just click on the picture for the link.

Kimo

I love sliders - they are my go-to smallmouth fly in rivers. They also work okay as mice for big browns. smile.png

First and second photos, respectively, are my Pulled Pork Slider and Punkin' Bug. Last photo is a popper I did for my Classic Bass Lure Swap - a deer hair Hula Popper.

post-36073-0-37614900-1582821630_thumb.jpg

post-36073-0-07367500-1582821642_thumb.jpg

post-36073-0-82314500-1582821652_thumb.jpg

I love sliders - they are my go-to smallmouth fly in rivers. They also work okay as mice for big browns. smile.png

First and second photos, respectively, are my Pulled Pork Slider and Punkin' Bug. Last photo is a popper I did for my Classic Bass Lure Swap - a deer hair Hula Popper.

attachicon.gif Pulled Pork Slider.jpg

attachicon.gif Punkin' Bug.jpg

attachicon.gif hula popper.jpg

Beauty

attachicon.gif Pulled Pork Slider.jpg

attachicon.gif Punkin' Bug.jpg

attachicon.gif hula popper.jpg

Beauty

Thanks Mark!

Bryon, those are first class. A lot of work. Down here you would need a weed guard, though.

Bryon, those are first class. A lot of work. Down here you would need a weed guard, though.

X2 Very nice Bryon.

Thanks fshng2 and DarrellP - weed guards actually would help up here, too, but I don't usually put them in because 9 times out of 10 I end up cutting them off while I'm fishing because I feel like they cause me to lose potential hookups. I'm probably wrong about that and just paranoid laugh.png

Paddle-Tail Frog

GJm7sxD.jpg

This is a cool-looking frog! Is that foam at the end of the tail? I assume, from the name, that the tail "swims" back and forth when it's stripped, is that right?

Paddle-Tail Frog

This is a cool-looking frog! Is that foam at the end of the tail? I assume, from the name, that the tail "swims" back and forth when it's stripped, is that right?

Yes the paddle is foam which moves back and forth when stripped.

The tail is a flexible rubber tubing from AC Moore.