Fly Tying
JasonN

Best nymph pictures I've ever taken :)

This summer I'm completely redoing Troutnut.com from the ground up, drastically improving pretty much everything about it. One of the coolest improvements is that I'm getting equipment to make my photos much nicer. The new camera stuff just came in this week, and even though I don't quite have the accessories straightened out yet and don't really know how to operate the professional camera to its full potential, the early results are really nice! I'll be too busy this semester to do much more until after finals, but this summer will be a dream.

Anyway, you can read about the updates and see the new nymph and larvae pictures here.

Here are a few of my favorites, very very shrunk to fit the forum:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The down side to getting all this new equipment for my site is that I won't be able to afford any more fly rods for years! I still only have 2. But I think it's a worthwhile sacrifice. smile.gif

Wothwile sacrifice? For rods? dunno.gif

No, I`m just kidding. The pictures clearly show how much your sacrifice is worth. A lot. Those are great shots and thanx for sharing them !

Andy, who still uses a Fujifilm Finpix and would love to have the Canon Eos, but has decided to get more rods first. headbang.gif

WOW Jason,

Very cool pics! I can't wait to see the new site when you get it done. Good Luck on the exams and thanks for sharing the pics. cool.gif

your photos are cool you sure no-one will buy them for the price of a few rods? There are lots of ways to sell your skill, I am sure you are aware of. Good luck on exams, and your new toys!!!

WOW!!! Those are absolutely awsome!! I'd like to thank you for all the newbies that have no clue what we're actually trying to imitate when we tie a fly.

I have visited your site a few times now and printed off some pictures that really help to give me an idea of what I'm trying to imitate.

Thanks a lot for sharing your skill with the rest of us. Your site is not in vain, and I think I speak for everyone when I say it is very enjoyable, informative an helpful.

Here's to continued success with your obvious talents.

P.S. I agree with lovinbluegills. You should definitely look at getting a book publishied. Any outdoor publisher in his right mind would realize the selling potential of neatly classified and briliantly photographed trout food!

ROCK ON JASON! headbang.gif

Jason-

Great pics...you really have a way of making these ugly critters look good. And thanks for your very generous contribution to the sport (not to mention some wicked screen savers!)

Glad you guys enjoy them!

I do plan on writing print books eventually, maybe starting in about a year. I have certain goals I want to accomplish with the site before I start on books, but the book ideas are cooking in my mind's kitchen. smile.gif