Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fishigan

Orvis Wonderline

How many use this line  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In hast I left this line off the other pole so I'll do it now and calculate it in.

I think the partridge is new and in the UK.

I just got back from Ann Arbor with my new Battenkill reel. Sweeeet!

I have it spooled with the Orvis Silver Label line. The price was right.

Also got a free crawfish fly for driving an hour to get to the shop and a gaurentee on free shipping for anything I'd like in the future.

Also have to say I looked at some real sweet wooden rod cases and fly boxes. Also some fine boo.

Enjoyed every bit of my 45min visit at Colton Bay.

Bought a WF5F wonderline for my resident trout fishing last summer, I love it. But then I did upgrade from a fairly cheap, used SA line.

I have a wf5f wonder-why -the -hell I bought it line which will prolly get trashed here soon. I have bought 2 of them in the past a 4 and a 5 and they both didn't hold up as claimed. Gimmee SA mastery series or nada. Just my 2cts.

They lose their slickness (even following recommended cleaning and storage) in a season and one cracked prematurely. They also tend to have quite a bit of memory and are not good for temps below 50*F. Good luck with these...maybe I just got a bad lot dunno.gif ive_been_ripped.gif wallbash.gif huh.gif

A.A.

I did buy mine late in the season, for the price I hope it last me longer than one or two years. Actually thinking about it now I do remember it having alot of memory.

the advantage is some better now the other was really bad for memory. i live the superfine series on my full flex 9 ft 4wt it is a really soft casting line for dry flies. I did have some problems with is coiling up not memory coils but wrapping up i quess. I think it is my cast but orvis did replace 2 lines before i decided that . They are nice to deal with and told ma any future problem to call them the fishing guru gave me a email addy for questions so i am pretty happy now. I found to just straighten it between trips and it works well. I fish in the same spot about all day casting dries and that makes it coil up alitlle i guess but overall satisfied.

FM

I use an Orvis Wonderline running line behing a shooting head system in the salt. Definately a quality line. My only gripe is that the diameter is a little big for a shooting/running line function.

~James

Sign in to follow this