Fly Tying
Swamp Fly

Site Facelift?

Is anyone else having issues with buttons on the site not working? For example I often can change pages in a thread like go from 5 to 6 using the arrow key I have to change the page number in the address bar. Often the reply box doesn't work as well, too post this I started at page 4, it couldn't recognize the comment/reply box so I had to change the page number in my address bar because that wasn't working either then once I was on page 3 it allowed me to reply. I'm using a newer android phone with Firefox.

34 minutes ago, vicente said:

Is anyone else having issues with buttons on the site not working? For example I often can change pages in a thread like go from 5 to 6 using the arrow key I have to change the page number in the address bar. Often the reply box doesn't work as well, too post this I started at page 4, it couldn't recognize the comment/reply box so I had to change the page number in my address bar because that wasn't working either then once I was on page 3 it allowed me to reply. I'm using a newer android phone with Firefox.

No, I haven't had any of those problems. It's working pretty smooth for me. The only trouble I've had is with accessing fly tutorials. It seems like it was a lot easier with the old format.

I'm on a laptop.  So I can't relate to your issue.  Everything I've tried to do on here, so far, has worked just fine.

The only thing I don't like, is there is no "count" for the posts.  It used to be, below the name, there was a number that reflected which post in the thread you were looking at.  I might be missing it, but I don't see that anymore.

1 hour ago, mikechell said:

The only thing I don't like, is there is no "count" for the posts.  It used to be, below the name, there was a number that reflected which post in the thread you were looking at.  I might be missing it, but I don't see that anymore.

I'm seeing it.  For example, yours says "15.033 posts".  It's below lines that read "core_group_7" and "0" (with a dot in front of it.)

However, it's in a very faint type face, so maybe it's there for you, but you just can't see it.

I'm still seeing a box rather than an icon next to "unread content" at the top of the page.  That's the only real issue I'm seeing, other than the whole thing being very hard see.

We used to be able to see the post number in the right hand upper corner, of any given thread. That was helpful so you could refer back to a particular post in a thread.

1 hour ago, redietz said:

I'm seeing it.  For example, yours says "15.033 posts".  

Not that number ... I'm seeing that one.  That's the total number of post that member has made.

42 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

We used to be able to see the post number in the right hand upper corner, of any given thread. 

This is the number I'm talking about.  How many posts are in each thread.  We still have the count of pages, but we don't have the count of posts.

No issues using Chrome on my phone, I do think a home button to reach the main forum would be nice not dude if there's one on the computer version or not. I do like that I can post pictures directly from my phone without having to crop them a bunch. 

Edit: still having issues switching pages in the threads.

2 hours ago, vicente said:

No issues using Chrome on my phone, I do think a home button to reach the main forum would be nice not dude if there's one on the computer version or not. I do like that I can post pictures directly from my phone without having to crop them a bunch. 

vicente not sure on smartphones(I don't use them) but on PC if you go up to the header and click the site name it takes you to the main forum list from wherever you are in the site/threads.

i'm using chrome browser on a pc. i have no idea what it looks like on a smartphone

vicente said

I do think a home button to reach the main forum would be nice

there is this shown below it just doesnt say "home"

home-page.jpg

post-number.jpg

i never seen that many posts that referred back to the post number of any thread.

i think at on time you could click on that number and it would generats a url link for that particular post. that too seemed to go away in the old forum software before this new revision.

13 hours ago, redietz said:

I'm seeing it.  For example, yours says "15.033 posts".  It's below lines that read "core_group_7" and "0" (with a dot in front of it.)

that only reflects how may posts a member has posted not how many posts/responses are in a single thread

posts.jpg

4 hours ago, flytire said:

i'm using chrome browser on a pc. i have no idea what it looks like on a smartphone

Samsung

Screenshot_20200409-102202_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200409-102210_Samsung Internet.jpg

17 hours ago, mikechell said:

Not that number ... I'm seeing that one.  That's the total number of post that member has made.

This is the number I'm talking about.  How many posts are in each thread.  We still have the count of pages, but we don't have the count of posts.

I  misinterpreted what you meant by "count."