Fly Tying
Swamp Fly

Site Facelift?

Is it just me or did the site get a facelift?  Maybe new software or provider? I saw nothing but a blank page since Fridayish.  I finally got something just now. Not complaining, just curious.

Swamp

I'm not opposed to change.  I even like it in most situations.  This ... is ... going ... to take some getting used to.

I don't see no X's

Personally, I liked the other site better. It looked classier. I think what ever it takes to make it run smoothly is fine though.

I already had the "508 error, "Resource Limit Reached" twice this morning.

In a few days, no one will remember what the old site looked like.

Those are the "create new content", "notification" and "messages" boxes. If you hover your courser over it, does it give you the pop-up that says what it does?

Mine are fully functional on my desk top. Dog face, you must be on a mobile device.

I haven't come here very often in the past year or two but all of a sudden I am getting email notifications from old posts of mine and had to come and and see why. Wow! What a change! This will take some getting used to.

I don't have "x"s on my laptop ... I just have empty boxes.  They are where Icons should be, for the functions Mark mentioned.  Actually, I have those empty boxes EVERYWHERE I should have an icon of some kind.

Will is working hard on updating a lot of things on the site and there are a number of errors and glitches. No need to worry or to let us know about issues as Will is well aware. There's a LOT of work for him so be patient as he helps us by getting things updated so that we can have a much better site in the near future.

Steve

19 hours ago, Swamp Fly said:

Is it just me or did the site get a facelift?  Maybe new software or provider? I saw nothing but a blank page since Fridayish.  I finally got something just now. Not complaining, just curious.

Swamp

I’m new here and I only briefly used the old site. I liked it because it was a little bit more rugged and felt less like a social media. Signed up yesterday for real and now that it’s back up I get that guilty social media vibe. I swore it off a couple years ago but this doesn’t count the same right? Lol the content is actually something all its users relate to lol.. 👍