Fly Tying
flytire

Heading out to the grocery.....

70e189192e6858603e2812fc9820c858_large.p

i have one of these in the car. ill take out a couple of wipes and go over the cart handles

I just got back from my local Aldi's.  No TP, no hand sanitizer, but pretty much everything else was in stock.  I wore 2 neck gators, since all I have are painting masks,  and surgical gloves.  Many others were also wearing masks. I sprayed alcohol on the cart handles, and used my own Disinfecting Wipes to wipe it down.  Aldi rents carts for a quarter, which you get back when you put the cart  back (for those not familiar with the store,) they also encourage using your own reusable bags.  I have a collection of canvas bags, these days, I take the cart out to the care to load the bags.  I get in and out quickly.   Its been more than 2 weeks since I had to shop, and we should be good for another 3 weeks or more.  Being in the "geezer group," we are taking no chances.  For those who think this is some sort of hoax, try telling that to those among the 46,000 confirmed cases and the families of the 600 dead patients.  Be prudent and smart in your activities, if you don't care about yourself, that's OK, but think of the others who could be affected by this.  

I go out everyday to the grocery store to pick up something for dinner. I don't fill my cart and go hide in my house as I prefer going and picking something up every day which is my normal prepandemic routine. I have no fear at all of the virus but I've always practiced most of the precautions offered in that I avoid touching community touched things like door handles, hand rails and shopping carts which I haven't used in a decade but I would use the little baskets.  I also don't fondle food that I don't purchase. If I touch it I'm buying it and I wish others would do the same. I now carry two reusable bags into the store with me. I place my items in one bag and when I check out I transfer the items from the one bag into my second bag.  If I get sick then I'll stay in bed a couple days with a bottle of NyQuil. I'm not in a high risk group but I encourage everybody to protect those who are. 

walmart.jpg

i managed to get some essentials from walmart yesterday

please note that i shop for two households: mine and my 92 year old father (i do my shopping first, load that into the car and then back in for dads shopping)

that should last us for awhile

ive seen people wearing painters masks and some with rubber gloves. if it gives them a sense of security so be it. i found the masks below in my shed. mabe ill use one next time out

mask.jpg

those white haired old ladies can fight you til death for a package of toilet paper! 👵🤪 i never said she won 😀

On 3/21/2020 at 10:13 PM, DarrellP said:

Yeah, the lack of people eating produce and fish points to our other, long term epidemic, obesity.

Noticed the same where I shop, makes me wonder about the choices folks make and how they correlate to outcomes long term in this pandemic.  Carts loaded with items I don't consider to be real food or capable of providing sustenance are the most commonly hoarded items.

Does make my shopping much easier, albeit a bit more expensive than the average person.  

The local stores here are finally restricting the amount of TP and hand sanitizer you can buy to what I consider reasonable levels.  You may not be able to stock for Armageddon but at least you can purchase enough to get you through the short term.  Rubbing alcohol is still impossible to find here-

yup

walmart had a worker in the paper goods section setting limits on how many you could buy

Walgreens has had hand sanitizer every time I've been there in the past week or so (3 times.) They keep it behind the counter and will sell you one bottle. Sometimes it's a small travel bottle and at times it's a bigger pump bottle. They also keep their rubbing alcohol and aloe Vera behind the counter. They will sell you one bottle of rubbing alcohol and one bottle of aloe Vera so you can make your own hand sanitizer. They will not sell you a bottle of sanitizer and the aloe/alcohol combo. It's one or the other if they have both. 

Just did some grocery shopping for the week. I'd say I was able to get maybe 50% of what I usually get each week 🤨 Dunno why people are still being nuts and hoarding stuff. Even with the "stay home" order you are still allowed to go shop for groceries so there's no need to hoard crap. I did find some TP at one local store. I only bought 5 rolls (could have bought limit of 10) but 5 rolls will last me a long time so no need to be a sheep.

Also saw a guy at Walmart that had on a full respirator and outfit that you would wear for painting a car....just wow 🤨🤨

6 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

Walgreens has had hand sanitizer every time I've been there in the past week or so (3 times.) They keep it behind the counter and will sell you one bottle. Sometimes it's a small travel bottle and at times it's a bigger pump bottle. They also keep their rubbing alcohol and aloe Vera behind the counter. They will sell you one bottle of rubbing alcohol and one bottle of aloe Vera so you can make your own hand sanitizer. They will not sell you a bottle of sanitizer and the aloe/alcohol combo. It's one or the other if they have both. 

Why you goin' to Walgreens so often, buying more wormie balls?

Im well stocked on squirmy balls. I walk out there a couple or three times a week to get myself a midnight milky way bar as an end of the day treat for myself. .89 cents compared to $1.50 anywhere else. 

Blahhhh Milky Way.....Yeahhhh Reeses! lol. I had to get myself a treat today as well. They have the Reeses Easter egg's at the stores now. I love those things!🥰

Just an aside ...

I know there's a ton of emojis now, with the new upgraded site.  But whatever one you just used, Steve, is nothing but an empty square on my screen.  A lot of them appear that way on my screen.😟

9 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Blahhhh Milky Way.....Yeahhhh Reeses! lol. I had to get myself a treat today as well. They have the Reeses Easter egg's at the stores now. I love those things!🥰

It's not just a Milky Way it's a special Milky Way. I'm not a fan of a regular Milky Way. The midnight Milky Way is rich dark chocolate, golden caramel and a vanilla nougat. Puts the regular one to shame. 

I don't get to eat any of those any more -whatever. Doc. says if I don't eat those things I get to fish longer.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.