Fly Tying
DarrellP

Classic Steelhead fly swap

Since Baseball is postponed and several of you are too old for romance, I thought we might try this.  Even those of you who are young enough for romance can enter.  The rules are to tie Classic hairwing, featherwing, spider, Muddler or Spey type.  No intruder type or articulated flies, please.  Due on May 1.  My address is

Dr. Darrell Phillips

109 Audubon Court North 

Brandon, MS  39047

Hope we get enough participation.  This should be fun and challenging.   Please indicate your fly when you enter to avoid duplication.  I will tie a Polar Shrimp.

Normal rules apply.  Send self addressed  return envelope  with return postage.

1. Johnw1986  Purple Peril  ARRIVED

2.  Stabgnid  Black Gordon

3.  Dflanagan:  Del Cooper

4. Vicrider   ARRIVED

5. Niveker

6. cphubert  Blue SKY Variant 

7. Flat Rock Native  Orange Steelheader / Coal Car Variant

8 .Fisingbobnelson  Rogue River Special:  Withdrew

9.  Woodenlegs  Telephone box  ARRIVED

10.  Mark Knapp  Skykomish Sunrise

11. Rex W  Rusty Rat

12. Bruce Derrington   Green butt skunk

My favorite fly to tie !!!!!!!!! Now what to tie spey or hair wing  ????

Steve-stabgnid

well okay. nobody wants to buy them so i'll just gift them away. i will not participate in the swap. just donating

ive got over 25+ flies tied up so each swapper will get a different one. 

swapmeister can randomly distribute them

squatch is okay with it! 👍

giphy-downsized.gif

Very generous of you flytire! I hope one day you can join in on some swaps.

ill be tying a purple peril 

Flytire has done several swaps in the past and his flies are some of the nicest in any category he ties in. I don't know that I have a particular fly in mind right now but I'll get in and decide later on fly after I finish all the flies for BB. I like hair wing flies so that will be decided early. Don't know from there but most anything can happen on my bench.

Stabgnid, I love spey flies and can't tie them worth a darn myself so I'd sure love to have one of  yours in the box.

Nick

Ah, well.  I wasn't going to join any more fly swaps, as decent weather fishing is fast approaching, but I'll join just to get one of Norm's flies.  Perhaps it'll add a little class to my 'for display only' collection. 

I'm thinking of tying a 'Ms Simpson', but will have to check my supplies before that becomes definite.  

Yeah, okay Darrell but don't go seeing them in hand and then forgetting to distribute them to all of us. His are special and I'm using several posts he made on another board of pictures to decide which one I could tie and come close to quality the group can appreciate.

What if they are "lost in the mail"?  Hahaha

I have been eyeing his other post, too.  Really fine work.  You guys are all accomplished tyers, though.  I'm intimidated, and educated  and inspired by y'all.

If we don't have any more interest, I would still like to have the swap.  You guys okay with that?  Encourage your friends to join.