Fly Tying
pickin6ofem

Your Favorite Fly

Got mine today, after studying each, WoW, every one was first rate quality, and fish magnets.  You can tell at a glance they are Favorites!

ps  In a few days I would be willing to put up some pictures of all, but my own.  But that will be the Switch Meister’s call!  Thanks friends! need about 15 of these but 1 must suffice👍👍🎣🎣😎😎

1 hour ago, Flat Rock native said:

Got mine today, after studying each, WoW, every one was first rate quality, and fish magnets.  You can tell at a glance they are Favorites!

ps  In a few days I would be willing to put up some pictures of all, but my own.  But that will be the Switch Meister’s call!  Thanks friends! need about 15 of these but 1 must suffice👍👍🎣🎣😎😎

I’m glad you are all getting the flies and enjoying the results as much as I did. I don’t mind you posting pics at all, ever since Photobucket went down I’m not sure how to post pics anymore. If I can figure it out I could add your fly, or else you’ll just have to ty another one haha. Thanks again to all the tyers that was a fun swap!  

Pickin’ 

Got mine today. Heading back to the dungeon to study them but I know in advance they'll be things of beauty that I hope I get to get wet soon.

1 hour ago, vicrider said:

Got mine today. Heading back to the dungeon to study them but I know in advance they'll be things of beauty that I hope I get to get wet soon.

Thanks for some great fishcatchers Nick, my goal for weekend is get some photos up that are righteous with the 3D view of this set👍

On 5/6/2020 at 10:18 PM, pickin6ofem said:

I’m glad you are all getting the flies and enjoying the results as much as I did. I don’t mind you posting pics at all, ever since Photobucket went down I’m not sure how to post pics anymore. If I can figure it out I could add your fly, or else you’ll just have to ty another one haha. Thanks again to all the tyers that was a fun swap!  

Pickin’ 

I have not forgotten, was waiting on a new (for me) gimmick for fly photos.  Received word, from Siberia, last night that shipment is held up by Russian postal authorities.  

Will proceed with current gimmicks.

Was not Really searching for, nor tying, more of my own.  Some in working fly box pretty chewed over though.

Hence “Favorite”.... 😎

But no more excuses....

On 5/6/2020 at 11:18 PM, pickin6ofem said:

Pickin’ 

Pickin' posting pics here is easier than ever. Ridiculous easy compared to having a hosting site involved. I still have photobucket but much prefer this. Assuming you have a picture file on your computer you simply open the pic file, reduce to half screen if full screen, move to right side of screen and simply grab a picture and haul it down to the paper clip on bottom of this window. You can also click on choose files and this will open your picture file and doubleclick what you want to load.

bigthumbsup_zpsc21a5ade (2).jpg

On 5/22/2020 at 12:55 AM, Flat Rock native said:

Here are some pictures:

3A6DEA1F-7EA2-46AE-B001-339B6DF1FC76.jpeg

Caught a very nice bass on this one! 3 casts later, the braided loop on the sink tip failed and the leader came off. Still had the sink tip but lost the leader and fly.

8 hours ago, samsonboi said:

Caught a very nice bass on this one! 3 casts later, the braided loop on the sink tip failed and the leader came off. Still had the sink tip but lost the leader and fly.

So... Sboi... tell us .... why is this one a Favorite?  Very well tied... nice hackle👍👍🎣🎣😎😎🇺🇸🇺🇸

91638440-6EDB-4568-9635-E647F5B2D19C.jpeg

That one is a favorite fly, not my absolute favorite soft hackle but one of them. My favorite is a Partridge and Orange but I didn't have any Partridge. 

This fly is just a really great fish catcher in any environment. Bass, panfish, browns, brookies, rainbows... anything. I bet if you could find a feather big enough you could catch tarpon on them. That's why it's one of my favorites. Simple to tie and a fish catching machine.

1 hour ago, samsonboi said:

That one is a favorite fly, not my absolute favorite soft hackle but one of them. My favorite is a Partridge and Orange but I didn't have any Partridge. 

This fly is just a really great fish catcher in any environment. Bass, panfish, browns, brookies, rainbows... anything. I bet if you could find a feather big enough you could catch tarpon on them. That's why it's one of my favorites. Simple to tie and a fish catching machine.

Do we want to know what that...not Partridge.. is?

Up north we always called Ruffed Grouse Partridge. I know there's differences but not to us. Partridge. Beautiful tie and Purple is becoming the hot color. Maybe because they don't see it everyday. 'Course as more people use it they will.

Partridge is another word for them we use in the Adirondacks, or just “grouse,” (usually just grouse rather than partridge in this area) but I say ruffed grouse online because using regional terms on the “World Wide Web” causes a lot of confusion.