Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
samsonboi

Fly Box Swap- It's Corona Time!

And that swapper will unfortunately not be me. It would look fishy for me to take that box, even if I do draw Mark on the random online wheel. Sort of like Vicente's knife in the annual Xmas swap.

I am sorry to disappoint all of you, I didn't make the box, I got it as a gift at a TU meeting. I had it for a while and enjoyed (but I didn't use it) but now it's time for someone else to enjoy it

I sent a box similar to yours Mark. I also got mine from a friend and they are available at not that high a price. Mine has a Mayfly on I think or maybe it's the other one. Can't even remember which one I just sent. When it comes to nice boxes here is a Wheatley box that is as any I've seen.

DSCF5466.JPG

DSCF5470.JPG

DSCF5474.JPG

Not made anymore and I paid almost a hundred for that one. I have a couple of other handmade ones of exotic woods I've also paid close to a hundred for. I just admire them. I'm notoriously clumsy just see them floating down a stream with a hundred tied flies and a hundred dollar box disappearing around the next bend. I have thought about filling the Wheatley with some carefully tied classic flies on, no beadheads or plastic or rubber. All feathers, well tied and well known ties and sell it as a retirement gift. The tag could be engraved with a name and would make a great executive tying gift and I'd not sell it cheaply if I did that.

1 hour ago, vicrider said:

I sent a box similar to yours Mark. I also got mine from a friend and they are available at not that high a price. Mine has a Mayfly on I think or maybe it's the other one. Can't even remember which one I just sent. When it comes to nice boxes here is a Wheatley box that is as any I've seen.

DSCF5466.JPG

DSCF5470.JPG

DSCF5474.JPG

Yes, these are iconic treasure chests

4 hours ago, vicrider said:

Not made anymore and I paid almost a hundred for that one. I have a couple of other handmade ones of exotic woods I've also paid close to a hundred for. I just admire them. I'm notoriously clumsy just see them floating down a stream with a hundred tied flies and a hundred dollar box disappearing around the next bend. I have thought about filling the Wheatley with some carefully tied classic flies on, no beadheads or plastic or rubber. All feathers, well tied and well known ties and sell it as a retirement gift. The tag could be engraved with a name and would make a great executive tying gift and I'd not sell it cheaply if I did that.

$900.00 

11 hours ago, Flat Rock native said:

$900.00 

No, it's got to be attractively priced. $899.99 plus $0.01 handling fee, plus shipping.

2 hours ago, The Mad Duck said:

Thats a nice rod and reel at that price.

Or about 6 even better rods at Steve’s pre- built prices😉

15 minutes ago, samsonboi said:

Everyone's boxes are in. The last couple will be picked up from my mailbox tomorrow by the postman.

If your camera is working.... you know ... 📸📸🎣🎣😎😎