Fly Tying
flymanaj

Hydro dipping?

I try to not play with my "hydro" much.

I had to look it up.  Looks like the "tie dying" we did when I was younger.  Seems very wasteful of a lot of paint if you don't use it all in one go.  But I could still be misunderstanding what the processes actually are.

Are you going to try it?  Or are you asking before deciding to try it or not?

3 minutes ago, mikechell said:

I try to not play with my "hydro" much.

I had to look it up.  Looks like the "tie dying" we did when I was younger.  Seems very wasteful of a lot of paint if you don't use it all in one go.  But I could still be misunderstanding what the processes actually are.

Are you going to try it?  Or are you asking before deciding to try it or not?

I don't have any paint right now but I plan on trying it soon

Oh crap, you had to show those pictures. I see myself wasting paint in the future. I imagine you could just use a smaller water vessel to conserve paint. 

I just airbrush mine. Those flies look cool though. Maybe as a gift. I don't see the patterns especially useful outside of the artistic realm. 

They do look very cool. I can see they'd be very attractive if you were in business making poppers.

I just watched a video on it on Youtube. I don't think you would necessarily waste much paint, you would just have to do batches say 1-2 dozen per coloration. 

I might just try it lol. 

You can do it with certain  finger polish to seen it done with some jig heads ..

Steve-stabgnid 

Imagination overload, but are those lures or flies, looking good in a tackle box or on foam patches....  

Now better for me to go back to working with roadkill or its equivalent, and checking this later.. on to something? I, Think yes.

Okay ... after seeing those poppers ... that's pretty cool.

I agree with some of the comments about the artistic vs. useful aspect ... but they DO look good.

Also, I could have made several more of these with the small amount of paint that I used.