Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

How much does your license cost?

as a senior citizen, my inland (fresh water) fishing license is free (Connecticut)

i dont hunt or saltwater fish so i dont know about those

Oh boy... My annual license is a bit over $200 - but it allows me to fish up to four anglers at a time that don’t have licenses at all (thank you Florida...).  Very convenient for visitors- and that license travels with me so I can step on anyone’s boat and they’re covered under my license... Although my license covers up to four anglers, on my own skiff I’m rarely fishing more than two...

Along with that fishing license I also must have a permit to guide in Everglades National Park.  That’s the expensive one at $550 per year at present (but it won’t stay that way...).

Indiana is $17.00, trout stamp is $11.00.  Got mine at Wally World yesterday just so I wouldn't have to bother with it later, renewal date is fast arriving.

When I turned 65 got a lifetime in Iowa for $45.00.  Then paid $5 more to get a credit card liscense instead of paper.  If I went trout fishing I would have to pay about $10 more per year.

Rick

16 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Was $28 for a Michigan all species for the longest time. Was $14 for basic then $14 for the added trout/salmon stamp. Then they changed it to I believe just a flat $24 or $26 a couple years ago and made it where everyone had to buy the "all species" for that price.

For us older guys, Michigan , is $11.00

I brought my PA Senior Lifetime license when I turned 65.  It cost me $60 or $65 then and included the trout stamp.  Like PD I do fish NJ saltwater, as he said still free, though you do have to register and print out a small card that says it's OK for you to fish salt water.   Not too many out of state licenses, usually Vermont where I get a season license and this year, assuming the borders reopen, an Ontario non-resident license(8 day) and their Outdoor Card.

2 hours ago, flyguy638 said:

For us older guys, Michigan , is $11.00

Yeah I couldn't remember the exact cost for seniors. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't that also include some hunting licenses as well as a sportsman type package, or am I thinking of something else?

Colorado.

Costs me 60.50 for a fishing/small game combo.

2020-2021 Fees

For individuals aged 18 through 64, a $10 Habitat Stamp is required with the first license purchase for the year (March 1 - March 31 annually). For more information, read about the Habitat Stamp. If you are disabled, you may not need a Habitat Stamp. See disability information.

License & Other Fees Resident Nonresident
Annual Habitat Stamp $10.13 $10.13
Annual (18+) $35.17 $97.97
Small Game & Fishing Combination (If born after 1948, you must show hunter education card) $50.37 N/A
Senior Annual (65+)
Colorado residents only
$9.85 N/A
Senior Low Income Lifetime Fishing (65+)
Colorado residents only
$9.85 N/A
Senior Annual Small Game & Fishing Combination (65+) NEW
Colorado residents only
$29.75 N/A
Five-day N/A $32.14
One-day $13.90 $16.94
Additional-day $6.81 $6.81
2nd Rod Stamp (Available to licensed residents, licensed nonresidents and youth under 16 years, licensed or unlicensed.) $10.87 $10.87
Youth (16-17)
Second-rod charge still applies. For youth under 16, see the Fishing Brochure.
$9.85 N/A
(same as non-resident adult)
Annual Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS) Stamp* $25.00 $50.00

Fees include a .25 cent search & rescue fee, and a $1.50 Wildlife Education Fund surcharge. A $10.13 Habitat Stamp will be added to 1st license purchase of the year (April 1 to March 31).

* Motorboat and sailboat owners are required to purchase the ANS Stamp and operators must retain proof of purchase (electronic or printed receipt) on his or her person, the motorboat or sailboat, when operating the vessel (C.R.S. 33-10.5-104.5). 

19 hours ago, robow7 said:

Rich, I agree with you, it stinks.  From $18 to $118 for a crummy boat trailer and my 2 cars went up another $100 a year.

Indiana Non-Resident.......$35 for annual

I just don't know how that could be since our COLA on our pensions and SS only went 1%. My boat licenses went up 10% again. Only good thing about getting old is I bought my senior license for $15 10 years ago and it's good in OK and TX.

Doesn't cost me a dime. Free in Florida and I paddle my own kayak, or walk the beach.  While my buddy was getting his out of state tag last year, I got my lifetime fresh, salt hunt and fish licence from the county office.