Fly Tying
KevinD62

Stimulating the economy

19 hours ago, KevinD62 said:

I think my thread has been hijacked.  🤪

Sorry if I jacked your thread. It is kind of hard to tell exactly what the subject of your thread is. I'll go back and read your O.P.

In my house I've learned there's a "matching" type program... Goes something like this....

I buy something on EBay or an online store for fly tying. I think it's a bargain and I can use it, so great. My wife then notices I got a package in the mail, and it's fishing related. She doesn't complain, or maybe she says something like, "more feathers?" Possibly a little dumbfounded. She then seems to become less frugal than normal, and pretty soon there's a package of some sort that arrives for her a few days later. Typically shoes or a dress or skin products. 

5 minutes ago, chugbug27 said:

In my house I've learned there's a "matching" type program... Goes something like this....

I buy something on EBay or an online store for fly tying. I think it's a bargain and I can use it, so great. My wife then notices I got a package in the mail, and it's fishing related. She doesn't complain, or maybe she says something like, "more feathers?" Possibly a little dumbfounded. She then seems to become less frugal than normal, and pretty soon there's a package of some sort that arrives for her a few days later. Typically shoes or a dress or skin products. 

I have my own po box for "business stuff", I do use it for business as I would rather not advertise where I live to clients but for the most part I have personal stuff sent there.

28 minutes ago, vicente said:

I have my own po box for "business stuff",

What makes you so sure she doesn't have one of those too?

5 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

Glad you got your boat back.

Our governor has had the sense not to close any parks or ramps. There would be hell to pay. They did close our spring resident bear hunt with the non-resident hunt. That lasted one day.

We have several places where we could launch at natural spots that are not in the parks or developed ramps. You guys got any of those? We also have lots of waterfront land owners that would let us launch on private launches say for a bottle of Jameson or something. You know anybody like that? You could stimulate his economy and he could stimulate yours.

Boy I wish we did. Nope, unfortunately landowners in PA are very territorial and generally do not allow public use. If your on a river or lakefront property in PA you have a silly amount of millions of dollars and I don't know any of them. A truckload of Jameson ain't getting you on the water. Back in the day a few companies would allow you to launch off their banks. They have long since stopped this because people are pigs and destructive to others property. I can't blame them for shutting it down. I have a drop axle on my trailer for bank launching. It's a low rider. 

32 minutes ago, Poopdeck said:

Boy I wish we did. Nope, unfortunately landowners in PA are very territorial and generally do not allow public use. If your on a river or lakefront property in PA you have a silly amount of millions of dollars and I don't know any of them. A truckload of Jameson ain't getting you on the water. Back in the day a few companies would allow you to launch off their banks. They have long since stopped this because people are pigs and destructive to others property. I can't blame them for shutting it down. I have a drop axle on my trailer for bank launching. It's a low rider. 

Well, you got the trailer, now only if you could find a spot.

7 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

OK, I got it now, spending money on-line, not sending moose meat through the mail.😁

I wish this site had a "like" option so I wouldn't have to quote folks to let them know.  🤔

If there was a like button this thread would have been 2 or 3 replies and 23 likes. Nothing squashes the back and forth of a good conversation more than a like button. I prefer good conversation over like counts.  No thanks on the like button. Did you just hijack your own thread? Can one hijack their own thread? 

Lord , lord - guilty as charged...  and now for something completely different (a la Monty Python....) here's a pic of one of my pets down at Flamingo (the southern tip of mainland Florida..). We've been locked out now for more than a month but I doubt one of these has even noticed...

eAZ9cn4.jpg

Yep that's the real deal a genuine American saltwater crocodile - and this isn't a big one... They like to hang out somewhere near the boat ramp I use each day when I'm in Everglades National Park... 

Good looking lizard.  I know the information is valid, but the printing on that sign looks like "post picture" photoshop.

It's funny but Retro deals with this kind of all the time he goes fishing(NSW, Australia).
And crocs are not the only thing. They have some of the most poisonous snakes
in the world hunting right along the shoreline.

Kimo

That sign has been there forever so I just couldn’t resist the opportunity to take a photo. The American salty is a fish eater and not a threat to people (so the biologists say).  The really dangerous critters are the big ‘gators.  Every now and then you can see crocs and ‘gators laying side by side on a bank - mostly in the fall...

Just nothing like the ‘glades... can’t wait to have customers again and be down at Flamingo an hour before daylight.