Fly Tying
shoebop

Navigation issues

I still can't navigate from one page to the next to read posts in any topic. The "next" tab or the >> tab do not work. This is very frustrating. 

I miss the "back to the top" feature that the old format had.

I miss the preview feature that the old format had. You could see the first and last post in that thread to see what it was all about.

Are these and/or other issues being addressed? 

Hi Chris, not sure off hand which "next tab" you are talking about, mainly because I never use those myself so I'm not familiar with them since I just click directly on the topics I feel interest me. With that said, most likely those are not actual issues with the site for Will to do anything about. When he upgraded the site with the updates then it changes some features. Those features that are changed are ones that are actually part of the new software that we had to update and probably not something Will has any control over. To put it in a simpler term...It's kind of like if you update your PC from say Windows 8 to Windows 10, you might lose some of the features you liked to gain some more secure upgrades, and the changes are are the software level rather than at the end user level.

BTW nice to see you around again, its been a while :)

Yeah, I was in a deep funk for a few years. It's good to be feeling better. 

The "next" or" page selection" buttons I am referring to  are at the bottom left of the page to go to the next page (if the are more pages of unread posts to read) of posts to that topic. It makes it impossible to go to the next page without exiting the topic and hitting the "unread content" tab at the top right, then selecting that topic again to continue reading posts. If there are more than a just a couple of unread pages, this becomes a huge inconvenience. 

This is what my Tabs look like in Chrome. Clicking on any of the options doesn't work.

Screenshot (5).png

I'll add that I have the same issue. If I go to the April Fly's from the Vice thread, click on it I'll end up on Page 1. If I want to go to page 8, nothing happens. Its like a dead link. Now I use Chrome 64 bit mainly, but have tested this on Edge and IE 11 and I get the same issue on all 3 browsers.  This also happens on the Go To page link as well as the NEXT/PREV buttons or arrow buttons. 

i use chrome browser and jumping from page to page clicking the numbers works for me

i can click on any page number and it takes me to that page

prev/next buttons work for me also

Same here, switching to the next or a previous page does not work. In fact none of the ways to traverse the different pages work. I have to  back out of the thread and pick the page I want to read. It will only allow me to read that page. On the longer threads where the topic page numbers start at 1 and then go 2,3,4,5,6.....76 it's impossible to go to any page between the 6 and 76. I use an iPad for all my online endeavors. 

6 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

Same here, switching to the next or a previous page does not work. In fact none of the ways to traverse the different pages work. I have to  back out of the thread and pick the page I want to read. It will only allow me to read that page. On the longer threads where the topic page numbers start at 1 and then go 2,3,4,5,6.....76 it's impossible to go to any page between the 6 and 76. I use an iPad for all my online endeavors. 

So, Chrome, IE, Edge and Safari have same issue. PoopDeck is on some version of iOS, probably 13.x.x  and I've Windows 10 64 bit. Just for fun I went to some other forums powered by Invision Communities like this one and 3 random sites all worked fine. Probably something client side is causing this issue for some of us.

BTW, here's the link if you want to try. Jets, Soap Opera, and IBS sites are all public.

https://trends.builtwith.com/websitelist/Invision-Power-Board

Sorry. I work in IT. Basically between 4 different browsers and 2 operating systems, and a test on other sites who use this forums software, it probably ain't us... lol

All buttons and nav work fine on Safari El Capitan 10.11.6 (yeah, I know☺️) and iPhone 12.4.5.  Speedy, too.