Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
steelie

Big Topwater... bass and pike - saltwater?

steelie-

Any chance of getting this pattern into the database with a materials list and tying instructions? I think it would be worth it.

Nice tie.

Steelie!!!! Where did you get that fly? I saw a guy tyign that exact fly this weekend at the grand river fly fisher booth at the tyin gexpo. Did you use a o ring to hold the hair back while softexxing up the head?

Good Day,

Did said guy look this handsome? cool.gif

user posted image

That guy is me!

Thought I might post a few of my creations as several have requested it and really it is about time!

Dble Haul... I will post step by step photos, instructions and materials list in the next day or two.

Steelie

WEll, that is not the guy I talked to. The guy I talked to had a thick accent, bigger older gentleman. Real nice . You guys are a group in grand rapids right? I am in kalamazoo. I even told my wife about that o ring trick. I make my own popper heads and thought that the hair/softex trick was cool. Did you tie the tungsten sheet stone flies too?

Good Day,

First, I believe you spoke to Wolf, our club president. I must have been taking a break at the time. Next year I hope to bring my own chair!

Kalamazoo is pretty close, in fact we have a few members from that area already... if interested, I will email you with details of our club.

And lastly; Yes, the tungsten stonefly is of my design. I may have time to post it soon, however, tungsten sheeting seem sto be gatting scarce, which is unfortunate as it really is such a great material. I can build a great segmented body and add weight in one step! I will advise when I post something on the subject or the stonelfly itself.

Steelie