Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Dry/dropper combo on one line.

I have heard a bunch of people talking about fishing the dry/dropper style. A dry on top as an indicator and then a nymph or something else underneath. I also heard someone saying they use just one line for this. They don't tie the nymph to the dry fly hook. Does anyone know how this is done? I am thinking I will have less knots if I just have one tippet to mess with.

Thanks

Jim

One way is to tie in a tippet and leave a long tag for the dropper. Most of the time if I use DRY/NYMPH combo I tie a dropper off of the hook bend. A Humpy pattern make a great indicator for this purpose. I f ya don't spook the fish, they will hit the dry sometimes too!

A.A.

I use the dry and dropper and a bugger and a dropper alot i use a clinch knot tied around my finger and then tightened down on the bend of the hook minus the finger ofcourse it works well just use a lighter tippet for the dropper line so it turns over better and you may only loose the mymph in the event of a hang up.

FM

I tie a mono loop to the dry hook shank and crazy glue it. Then I tie the fly. I use this for flies that dont have a tail. Tailed flies I just clinch knot the dropper to the hook bend.

Sign in to follow this