Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

anybody wearing a buff to the stores?

2G0KH2VF_alt.jpg

my brother in florida said he saw a guy using a paper towel and duct tape as a mask

dont forget to cover your eyes. i heard the virus can be transmitted into your eyes

Just purchased 2 in case they're needed as people in the groceries that were wearing medical face masks just gave that death stare to others without....

Nope, it's not going to stop the virus anyways, you basically need an n95 rated mask to filter it out, a surgical mask may get some, those buffs are designed to breath, the most it will do is keep your droplets from getting airborne, even that is probably questionable.

Masks may be of help but they mainly keep you from touching your mouth and nose. They are also a reminder to others to keep their 6 ft distance. 
The most common way to get the virus is to touch infected surfaces and then transfer them to your face.
Keep safe and if you travel out don’t touch your Mouth, Nose, or Eyes. 

There's another school of thought saying masks make you touch your face more because people are prone to constantly adjust them. They are nothing more then virus collectors. Their value is more for people who already have COVID19 to help limit the spray distance from coughing and sneezing. 

A plus to people wearing masks is ... we don't have to look at their ugly faces.  In my area, there seems to be more people in need of a mask for that benefit.  I hope the trend catches on!

8 hours ago, fshng2 said:

Masks may be of help but they mainly keep you from touching your mouth and nose. They are also a reminder to others to keep their 6 ft distance. 
The most common way to get the virus is to touch infected surfaces and then transfer them to your face.
Keep safe and if you travel out don’t touch your Mouth, Nose, or Eyes. 

Fun114.jpg

Masks work more to cut down on the wearer's ability to spread the bug.  Think about it logically.  Surgeon's wear masks to protect the patient.  Wearing a face covering will help if everyone wears one.  The bad news is that they are not all that effective.  Every little bit helps.

I haven't been to a bank recently, but wonder if they allow masks, I recall being required to take off my hat before standing in line to cash a check because the elevated camera couldn't get a picture of faces with a hat on. Seems there had been robberies where caps had kept the robber from being identified.

What would happen if one walked into a frequently robbed liquor store with a buff on? Double shot? 

with all of the bank lobbies shut down and locked here in connecticut its gonna be hard to rob the open drive up lane vacuum tube

never heard of it being done but there are clever robbers out there 🤪