Fly Tying
breambuster

Parachute Round Of The Well-Stocked Fly Box

Flies are in the mail.  Tracking number: 9500 1155 9402 0118 2020 38

ETA: 5/1

Sorry to be so long getting back to you, guys. But I need to update where we are. We received a set of flies from Netabrookie over the weekend, and they are sweet to the max. If you’ve ever swapped with Netabrookie, you know that he excels with flies that float. And to sweeten the pot even more, he included a second set of ‘chutes. Everyone is getting 2 flies from Netabrookie. 

BB

I tied Fran Betters' Au Sable Wulff, but in parachute. Fran actually suggested that one tie it in 'chute form as well as the regular kind. I used black hackle, except for one which I used grizzly on because I had a loose Whiting grizzly feather on my desk and didn't want it blowing away and getting lost, since hackle color doesn't matter as much IMO on parachutes. The black will be visible in glare-y water, the white calf tail post will be a white dot in normal water. It's very visible.

We have received a very nice set of ‘chutes all the way from the frozen tundra of Alaska! Thanks, Mark Knapp. Great job.

I have updated the original first post of this thread to indicate which sets are in. Please remember that the due date is May 5, and that’s right around the corner. The absolute cut - off is May 10. So, everyone needs to be getting your flies in the mail ASAP. 

BB

My flies were mailed on the 27th and should have been there on the 1st.

Yes, Newport NH.  That must be them. Thanks.

It’s taking longer than USPS estimated, but over the weekend, it has gone through Greenville, which is about an hour’s drive from here; 45 - 50 miles. That’s the last stop before arriving at our local Post Office.  It SHOULD be delivered tomorrow. 

Hey BB, mine will be sent out tomorrow, no one in the house, even my moneybags sister, had enough singles for return money, and we're low on stamps (I only have 20 dollar bills and one 5 that I gave my stepdad to print the label, which was $3) so I grabbed a dollar in quarters and we have to go to the post office and get change, and tape it up and send it, plus get more stamps.

If you can, send enough to pay whatever it costs you to mail it to me, and a little extra for a return envelope, unless you include one.

BB

Do you think you could reuse mine? That's what I do, because reusing envelopes is one little thing I can do to keep some packing out of the landfill. None of the packages I send, ever, have unused envelopes. Plus it's free.

On 5/3/2020 at 8:08 PM, samsonboi said:

Do you think you could reuse mine? That's what I do, because reusing envelopes is one little thing I can do to keep some packing out of the landfill. None of the packages I send, ever, have unused envelopes. Plus it's free.

The rules require a stamped and self addressed envelope. Swapmeister has enough trouble without someone wanting to do something different. Save a tree some other way. Use less toilet paper. But let's either follow the rules of the swaps or not participate. Hate to come down on anyone but your reusing and not sending an envelope for return is a PITA.