Fly Tying
breambuster

Parachute Round Of The Well-Stocked Fly Box

Today was a big day for flies. We received 3 great sets of flies. Relax, r2732, yours was the first set I opened. It seems that the mail is running a bit slower since coronavirus hit, but it gets here. Also Pickin6ofem has a very nice set in. Thanks, Pick. Good job. And Johnw1986, your set arrived today. I had a strange issue with yours that I’ve never seen before. The plastic bubble-wrap liner of your envelope stuck like glue to your mailer near the flap and the mailer flap is sealed. I don’t know if I did it or not: I opened your package, as I do all the flies with a knife and your return mailer was open across the end of the flap. I can tape it up, no problem. It’s a quick and easy fix, but I wanted to let you know what happened. The flies look like a great addition to the swap. Thanks.

BB

Samsonboi, can you not get that just enclosing money is still a PITA for the SM. If everyone does the SASE the SM does not have to have contact with anyone at the counter. He can simply take of things on his end and seal everything up and ship it out. No standing in line (our PO now has 6' stripes you have space out clear out the door at times) and both SM and PO handling packages and stamps they don't have too. Please try to play the game by the rules and it will make all of happier. You have a second swap posted while still running one. Mike just gave you warning and blocked you thread until old thread expires. He's nice. I would have deleted until the running swap was complete.

Nick, board moderator and nasty SOB tired of being cooped up but I'm playing by the rules.

Not much, John. I ended up using my knife to cut the plastic liner away from the return envelope the get it out of the other envelope. Then I could pull the plastic liner off the return envelope so it wouldn’t feel sticky. I will use some packing tape to seal it up when I am ready to mail it back. That won’t take but a minute. I just wanted you to know why I had to use tape to seal it. 

BB

Waiting on 1 more set and I’m told that it’s in the mail. Just wanted to let you know that I have posted the Trout Jig Fly Round. Due date is June 5. Hope you will take a look and consider joining us.

BB

Hey, Guys, good news. The last set of ‘chutes arrived yesterday and I was able to get them in the mail this morning. Our Post Office is only open for 1 hour on Saturdays, (go figure) from 9 - 10, but I “got ‘er done.” One swapper sent a little more cash than his flies cost, another sent not quite enough cash, and one sent none at all. So, all in all, the swap only cost me $4 and 2 envelopes. You guys are getting better. Thanks to all of you for participating. When they arrive, I think you all will agree that this is a very nice set of flies and well worth including in the Well-Stocked Fly Box.

BB

Got my flies today! All I can saw is wow what a set!! My 15 year old son and I looked through with total amazement you guys got skills!! I will happily fish every one of these flies! I just don’t want to loose any!

I hope someone can post pics of the set. If not I can try. As always thanks BB for such a cool set of swaps you’ve been hosting. I now have a well stocked fly box!!  

Justin 

Received my parachutes today, Nice job everyone, I know exactly where I will use them

Breambuster, thanks for hosting

I got mine yesterday but I forgot to mention it.  A great looking assortment. Thanks everyone and thank to BB for another great swap.

The parachutes opened and the flies safely landed today.  Thanks everyone.

Yep, mine came in and with the parachutes, previous flies, and the coming Czech nymphs and additional swap I am going to shift my flies to a bigger box so they will fit and I can keep them together.