Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dogfacedoc

I've created a monster

I'm at work and my wife texted me saying she was bored. I told her she could paint some poppers. She texts a few hours later, showing off this that she tied. She has not tied anything before!

607714793.jpg

We will have to work on color combos but she definitely has the talent. Watched a YouTube vid on palmering hackle and "I watched you do that thing with your fingers at the end and I just did it"

20200404_195035.jpg

20200404_195101.jpg

Hope you got two vises and other goodies or you're liable to have to fight for tying time now.

ย 

Got her to follow me through a woolly bugger. Gonna try to get out on one of the warmer days this week and find some bass. I want to see her face when she catches a fish on HER flies!

20200404_224352.jpg

That is amazing.ย  It took me years to get half that good.ย  I'm half that good now!

ย 

She has a good sense of proportion.

World wide... most of the best commercial tyers are ladies...ย  In my area one baby tarpon on a popping bug and she'd be hooked for life...ย 

I've taken newbies fly fishing. I would have them tie a foam beetle and a wooly bugger before we started. The excitement they would have to catch a fish on a fly they tied them selves was priceless. They were hooked too.ย ย