Fly Tying
TIER

Anyone have a YouTube channel?

Landon, I not only hate kids on my lawn but I also hate kids doing tying videos (that's an inside joke), until now. I got to say I like your videos. I like how well focused and close up they are and I really like the fact they are only a couple minutes long. Really nice job on the video and your tying skills are well above most your age. Perhaps you could use subtitles to inform the viewer of the material your tying in. I saw a few quick glimpses of material packages but nothing one could read and also not consistent. 

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing your progression. Most kids seem to put themselves out there on YouTube as instant experts. I think it would be refreshing and  if you take a radically different  approach and perhaps make the theme of your channel about watching you grow as a tier and fly fisherman or about learning together or something like that. This may separate you from the rest. 

Really great job though and please continue to post your videos to the site. 

Landon, I was going to joke and say now you are really starting to make me mad but I'm over it.

I'd like to echo everything that Poopdeck said above but I'd like to add just one thing, Please, please spell correctly in a productions like these videos. We all make typos when we are just talking on the forum but when you are making an instructional video it's very important (In My Humble Opinion) to use the right word and spell it correctly.

I think the word you meant to use in the screen shot below is "excess". It's one of the easiest but most important things to do. Proof read.

I don't mean to jump on you too hard but you seem like you want to do things the right way.

Remember to always take help from others graciously.

Great job.

image.thumb.png.7fba75d88aa9252e1d6c7943eff2e37f.png

I have a channel but no fly tying on it yet.   Just a few videos of vintage trains being brought back to life.   Never set them up this year.  I am not great with videos so i have yet to do any fly tying yet.   James you are far better at being a showman than i could ever be!  Keep up the good work.

Not all 'puters are capable of PLAYING 4K. Some can't, even though that may be the video quality, your video quality  is limited by your download speed.

Terry, your video quality looked good to me. Your voice was a little low. The sound of scissors slamming and packages opening would drown out your voice. May want to consider putting your tools and materials on the other side of the vise, further away from the mic and out of the way of the camera. Otherwise, your off to a great start with some easy to watch videos. Thanks.

Thanks guys, I’ve just ordered an ipad (mic jack) adapter to fit a noise cancelling mic to my shirt,  hopefully that will help with the noise levels.  But I’ll also try and keep the clangs away from the mic.  

That might help. Another thing that is possible would be to use voice over. With that you could only have audio when your talking. I dont talk in my videos YET because first I'm not confident enough but 2 I dont have enough viewers to put a lot of lot of time into a video that will be seen by 10 people.