Fly Tying
flytire

Even the bluegills...

....are practicing social distancing! 👎😀

Got skunked! 🦨

heavy rains in the last few days might be the cause. i don know for sure

The bream here sometimes like a hard splat with the hopper.  I screwed up a cast and it hit too hard.  I almost picked up to recast, but a big one hit it.  I started doing that intentionally and caught a bunch.  That day they never hit my dropper.  It was muddy.

I'm a little north of you and I have yet to catch a blue gill, I'm not sure why.  The winter was mild by New England standards but for some reason it seems like the blue gills are scarce this year- 

I'm just a bit north of you also, Norm.  Last night was the first night I could get them to respond consistently. using Royal and AuSable Wulffs, as I brought the wrong dry box.  There was a  good amount of surface sipping going on at my lake.  Didn't get any photos of the bluegills, but did snap a passable shot of two amorous bald eagles.   

IMG-20200414-183441a.jpg

19 hours ago, flytire said:

....are practicing social distancing! 👎😀

Got skunked! 🦨

heavy rains in the last few days might be the cause. i don know for sure

You gotta cast 6 feet apart :^))

5 hours ago, DFoster said:

I'm a little north of you and I have yet to catch a blue gill, I'm not sure why.  The winter was mild by New England standards but for some reason it seems like the blue gills are scarce this year- 

It may just be a little early in the year for them to moved into shallow water.

7 hours ago, redietz said:

It may just be a little early in the year for them to moved into shallow water.

Yep, I haven't seen a sunnie yet nor have I seen any beds. I'm catching lots of crappie and trout in my local creek which is a sunnie factory but have yet to catch a single sunnie. 

I’m in ne too,  have yet to get out.   Still recovering from being sick.   Getting the itch.   I have a ton of poppers to test out.   How long before the bass start spawning?

i always love panfish on the fly!

1 hour ago, petelangevin said:

I’m in ne too,  have yet to get out.   Still recovering from being sick.   Getting the itch.   I have a ton of poppers to test out.   How long before the bass start spawning?

i always love panfish on the fly!

Hey Pete just noticed you’re in Somerville. My youngest daughter lived there some years back and loved it. When visiting we always ate at that Peruvian restaurant on Somerville Avenue - Machu Picchu. Loved that place!

Edited by HookedOnFTF
Spelling error

I know where it is but never have been there,   I grew up in Georgetown.   Used to fish that area extensively.   Miss that area

7 minutes ago, HookedOnFTF said:

Somerville

I lived in East Somerville for a bit, on Washington Blvd, four roommates splitting $1000/mo rent, waiting tables after a bachelor's degree in English rendered me useless... Spent my 25th birthday having too much to drink down the block at the Tavern at the End of the World, and ran into the fists of their bouncer after trying to protect a pretty girl from his friend. Cops outside didn't seem to mind enjoying the show...