Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

Have you been stimulated!

just got $1200 from the government in my checking account today

squatch is waiting for his check

giphy.gif

Nope. I don't have direct deposit but they set up an IRS site to add your info for direct deposit. So I went and tried to do it today, it's a cluster &^%$ . I try to enter my info to set up the direct deposit and it tells me info like I'm trying to check the status which is totally not what I'm doing.

Nope, and do I have direct deposit. I suspect it's because I own my own business. The retired people around here didn't get theirs yet either.

We received ours last Friday, direct deposit. 

We'll hold onto it for as long as we can, to see what the future holds.   I'm an independent contractor, and am reduced to less than 1 day of work a week now, but suspect I'll be hammered when the 'powers that be' decide they no longer need to protect me from this devastating virus.  Last week they said next week we'll hit peak death, I heard a report this morning saying the same.  How long do I have to wait for something to not happen?  

We got our this morning.  If you filed your taxes for this year, and you have direct deposit, you're first, as I understand it.  Didn't file yet, but did file 2018, that's the next round.  physical checks are being sent at this time.

Everyone should have theirs within the next week or so.

I could be wrong, but that's the way it was described to us from our finance department.

Yeah, we have filed this year, and have direct deposit but as I said we are self employed so maybe we will be next. Not too worried about it.

Still not stimulated. I'm not sure what it's going to take before I get stimulated. My wife's not stimulated either. Hmmmm.

Got ours   Not sure how $1200 one time is helping but ever bit counts. I ve seen lotta people are reguesting layoffs to get $235 unemployment (MS) plus the $600 bonus till July.  $3340/mo.   Making more by staying home.   You can even quit your job blamed on virus and collect some are saying. More power to them.   Walmart had no hog meat, dishwash liguid, margarine  yesterday.  I missed getting blown away by mile and a half Sunday by a tornado.  Can’t do much fishing cuz state lakes are closed.  Planted lil garden, turn 71 Tuesday, getting SS but no stock dividends....wut gonna happen next?   Hurricane?
Did lil figuring.  Divide $2.2 trillion by 327 million peps and you get $6727 per person.   Double that and add couple of kids and get a real stimulus $26908.   Oh well....

M’isipi 

They can keep their meager crumbs. Open up the country again so we can carve out our own stimulus. 

Nothing here either so far, but I'll take any crumbs they will give.

Our 2018 taxes have been screwed up, so not sure what will happen. We don't owe anything, our accountant has gone thru some rough years with his health, and we never seem to know if he gets them filed or not as he does it all electronically. The 2018 taxes were filed late, because of his health problems and we wren't even aware of it. 

He's a long time friend, and has been a CPA a long time. Heck, some years he didn't even charge us, so I can't complain too much.  We haven't owed any taxes in several years. Just don't have the income now that we had years ago. 

If we get it, great! If not, we'll survive. If we get it, it's going towards my tying room over the garage, and part of doing that gives me a tax credit for energy efficiency improvements to the house, so can be worth a bit more to us in the long run.  

So, we wait. 

This whole stimulus thing just goes to show how the Gov screws up anything they have their hands in. I still haven't got mine. So I tried to go and enter my direct deposit info so I get it quicker since my business is down about 80-90% at the moment. Go through all the hoops to enter my info, and keep getting an email that say "rejected". Error code says my AGI is different than they have on file for my 2018 return. Which is 100% not true because I have my copy of the 2018 1040 line 7 right in front of me.

Sooooo I then try to register to request a transcript from them online. Jump through all those hoops and last question is asking for a mobile # to verify ID (like my SSN, CC #, and rest of my info is somehow not more accurate than a mobile # for verification??) Well I gave up cell phones 18 yrs ago because I hate them. So I can't even do it that way to request a copy to see what they have somehow screwed up on their end.

I give up. Anything to do with the Government is just an absolute joke.

Us neither. But my bank is still happy to lend me money at 3.75 percent. May have to do that just so I can get my inventory up for when this thing blows over.

Poopdeck stimulus handed out today.   I made an impulse buy on a 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD, crew cab, 4 by 4, tow package with trailer brake box, high top bed cap, 62800 miles, clean as a whistle inside and out for the bargain price of 10K. I couldn't turn it down so I gave my 2004 expedition with 204K to my mechanic for a five pack of face masks and the promise that he will use the money from the resale to help him keep his guys working. Not worth a lot but he should get 1500 out of it.