Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Any creative ways to label flyboxes?

I bought 3 of the waterproof C&F boxes through some of our recent group purchases and now face the confusion of keeping the contents visible without opening them.

One is primarily for streamers, one for nymphs and the other for dries. I thought of tying one of each and somehow attaching it to the latch, perhaps by encapsulating it in some type of epoxy. dunno.gif

Any other ideas?

Shoe-

I have the same boxes, same problems. I just used a label maker and labeled them dries, wets and other.

This is working good now but after I get out the first time this year, I'm sure I'll have the flies spread all over the boxes. help.gif I'm kind of hopeless when it comes to staying organized.

-Bamboo

SHOE

I just use the better half nail polish and paint the latches red for streamets etc etc

works for me

tight lines Mike

I hear ya, 'Boo

We found a neat little contraption in Mountain Home. It's a small alumnium box with ripple foam that attaches to one's vest much like a patch, but has holes around the edges to allow the flies to dry. Too bad we didn't buy them...lol

Mine always end up falling out of the patch, down the defroster and either end up in my wife's foot or on the dog. bugeyes.gif crying.gif

Thanks Mike. I've done the same on my other boxes, but wanted something unique

My niece solved my problem...

She put fuzzy stickers on them...not the most clear labeling method but it works.

I have a Hazel sticker on my box of nymphs - since most of them are Hare's ears.

An umberella on dries

And a big fish on my streamer box

Best part is that at night you can feel the sticker so you know the orientation of the bow and which one it is.

Using epoxy to put a fly on the box is a different idea ralf that sound kind cool. Just make sure you share your flies with that crew you fish with or you might hear a chipping sound as Dornug is chiseling the nymph out of the epoxy to use tongue.gif

Also craft stores carry some nice looking adhesive lettering that would be nice for labeling the box

Sign in to follow this