Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

Free fly tying materials to young people.

not quite sure how to private message you but I'm 17 and have been tying flies for about a year. I do work but I recently bought my first truck and have dumbed quite a bit of money into it. If it is possible I'd love some new materials to keep the hobbie alive

16 hours ago, landen said:

not quite sure how to private message you but I'm 17 and have been tying flies for about a year. I do work but I recently bought my first truck and have dumbed quite a bit of money into it. If it is possible I'd love some new materials to keep the hobbie alive

When you log in, you should see a notification that I PMed you. Click on the envelope that you see on the upper right hand corner of the page (if you scroll to the top). You can answer the PM that I sent you by clicking on it.

I'm glad you decided to give some stuff away to the younger tiers here.  $$ for materials can often be hard to come by when your under 16 and dependent.  In youth we have all a lot more free time to pursue our passions so I'm sure they appreciate your generosity. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend Mark.  Good friends are a rare and good friends that tie and fly fish are rarer still. 

Received today! Thank you Mark! Will be passing it to the supply guy soon, hope to get a good tying night going for some bass baitfish flies.

11 minutes ago, dogfacedoc said:

Received today! Thank you Mark! Will be passing it to the supply guy soon, hope to get a good tying night going for some bass baitfish flies.

Would you be able to post a little video about these fly tying sessions? I'd love to see a little bit of it. I might be interested in doing some myself.

For sure post some pictures of it.

And... you are welcomed. I am happy to put that stuff to a righteous cause.

I can't wait for mine! I will post pics if you want when it arrives. Thank you again, and expect a thank you note and will send one to your friend as soon as I get the box (and therefore his address)

I’m 17 as well and corona made me lose my job so I don’t have much tying stuff left! Is there anything left in that stuff? Not having a job makes it hard to buy materials have not ordered stuff in almost a year 

1 minute ago, mkresio said:

No, I'm sorry, the rest has been donated to our local TU chapter for fly tying schools.