Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TIER

I love this fly tying YT channel

It appears he has posted 28 videos in 8 years. He has done them well. If it took you a year to make your first good video, you should do that. The next one would only take you 2 months, the one after that would take a month. Do stuff right, and the speed will take care of itself. After ten years, you still won't be able to do one a day, not well.

Tier,
Tim(Tightlinevideos.com) is a professional videographer. He also does 1-Minute instructional videos for Orvis.
It takes him 2-3 hours for each of those 1 minute videos. A lot of planning goes into each of those videos.
Yeah, he's a friend of mine.
Kimo

Tim is awesome,  best voice in fly tying videos too.

learned a ton from him.   Lately i’ve been watching a ton of Scottish tiers,  have to put the captions on in order to understand them. 

2 hours ago, flytire said:

28 videos?

tim flaglers tightline videoes has close more the 450 videos

Well, I just counted the ones I saw on the link. That's why I said "appears". After going back, I understand it better now. Thanks for the heads-up.

More to my point, now that I know more, Tim started his channel in 2008. 450 videos in 12 years is about one video every 9.73 days. It says on his "About" page that he produces "almost one a week" and he's a professional. An argument that Jame's ambitious goal to make one a day is absolutely unrealistic.

A lot of nice stuff on there. Maybe James will follow his example.

he probably has a really good camera. Someday i will get one. Someday.

1 hour ago, Flat Rock native said:

Start with lights...

will do

James you can use outdoor led flood bulbs in those flexible arm desk lights and they give off a ton of light without getting hot.   And the bulbs are cheap at home depot too.

i got two of these lamps for 5$ each when an architect office upgraded to expensive led lamps.   

390C7BBC-08C9-4EEA-8858-3386439D4243.jpeg