Fly Tying
pondfisher

Mini Bangtail T & A tilting to one side

Recently watched Kelly galloup's how to a few times and tried my hand at the fly. Really happy with results but upon testing, found at the fly tilted to one side more than the other. Just wondering if anyone else had issues with streamers doing this and how you solved them. Second part and my question is is anyone fish streamers with small barrel swivels? To possibly help with leader twist.

IMG_20200421_204512_077.jpg

Yes, and yes.  A good point is that your baitfish streamer may appear wounded to the predator.  It looks cool. 

Looks great!  Also looks very ... full.  Maybe use a little less material.  Less can be more, as it may allow the hook point weight to "keel" the streamer.  I don't fish big streamers often enough to worry about using a swivel.

Perhaps it swimming off canter will help! Time will tell! My local ponds are still waking up.

11 hours ago, DarrellP said:

Yes, and yes.  A good point is that your baitfish streamer may appear wounded to the predator.  It looks cool. 

43 minutes ago, mikechell said:

Looks great!  Also looks very ... full.  Maybe use a little less material.  Less can be more, as it may allow the hook point weight to "keel" the streamer.  I don't fish big streamers often enough to worry about using a swivel.

You're right! In Kelly Galloup's video, he uses buggerbou which has much shorter fibers then your standard strung Marabou.  When wet, the fly did taper off really well and looked minnow like. . Looks like I need to tie a few more!