Fly Tying
TIER

Your top 10...

I went fishing! I caught a very nice rainbow, my first on the Au Sable this year! (All of the fish I've caught this year besides that one have been on a small stream)

2 minutes ago, samsonboi said:

I went fishing! I caught a very nice rainbow, my first on the Au Sable this year! (All of the fish I've caught this year besides that one have been on a small stream)

No pictures?

Nah. I don't have a phone, since me and my sister's shared phone got absolutely destroyed (laundry,) and my mom was out having a PRP (platelet rich plasma) injection in her hip for a tendon.

Amazingly, the only thing wrong with the phone is the screen is completely shattered and does not display (digitizer is shot)

If it was a nice phone maybe "we" would have had a water and bombproof case (otterbox) for it and it would have been fine. One time Mom and I were riding the barn 4-wheeler and her phone, in her otterbox, bounced out of the crate on the front and directly under the wheel. It was fine, not even a crack or scratch under the case.

The laundry phone is capable of ringing and the touchscreen works, although you can't see what you're tapping and we took the battery out as a safety precaution (fire risk)

Hey guys, an hour an a half is a lot, mainly because i still have to do school work. trust me,  if i could tie for 8 hours i would.

15 minutes ago, TIER said:

Hey guys, an hour an a half is a lot, mainly because i still have to do school work. trust me,  if i could tie for 8 hours i would.

What are you doing the rest of the time? Priorities, priorities.

2 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

I tied flies for ten hours yesterday, woo hoo.

And boo hoo for you if you didn't.

I can do 18 hours, with 10 minute break each hour and some feeding time.  I have a GOOD office chair with great ergo adjustments.  Also, a vise extender that adjusts vertically too, with some spacer blocks.  Not saying I have done it often, 8 hours daily is mucho plenty... but it can be done...  Now, to find time to spend 8 hours daily, on tying and building lures, is the true challenge....

4 hours ago, samsonboi said:

I simply, physically, cannot sit in my chair for that long without breaks.

Nobody works 8 straight hours without breaks.  But 8 or more hours a day is a work day for the vast majority of the working population.

Pay attention to your posture.  I can tell you, at 60 years of age, if I pay attention to myself, I can sit on the bow of my boat all day.  If I start slouching, I'm done after about 4 or 5 hours.  But that's not important. 

Again, I am not impugning your work ethic, Samsonboi, or yours, TIER.  My comment was about the generation you belong to, not the individuals.  It was just an observation based on the attendees to my classes.  

I know, just airing out a problem. I try to have good posture, but what I also need is a more comfortable chair because mine is not very padded and it goes right up my spine.

4 hours ago, samsonboi said:

I know, just airing out a problem. I try to have good posture, but what I also need is a more comfortable chair because mine is not very padded and it goes right up my spine.

The chair might be my most important fly tying thing, besides the thumb and finger on the pinch down.  Office stores sometimes take trade-in and you may be able to pick up a real deluxe chair, like $500.00 new, for almost giveaway pricing.