Fly Tying

57 minutes ago, Landon P said:

Pretty sure this is spam why is there an email in the title and why does it respond in full caps?

did you report it to the moderators?

13 minutes ago, flytire said:

samsonboi did

15 minutes ago, flytire said:

How do I report something?

Mike Chell said in a report follow-up message this morning that he is going to let this thread and poster stay for a while unless the poster up and starts spamming. Sounds like a good idea, I reported it to bring it to his attention and see what he wanted to do with it. He says this guy hasn't actually spammed anyone yet, so we will wait and see what happens.

tier, samsonboi, landon p, chill fellas. Remember, we're all innocent until proven guilty.  

1 hour ago, petelangevin said:

This person does not seem to be spamming.   Just a vague question,  give a little slack then if they are spamming it can be handled by admin.

I reported it immediately, labeled as an abundance of caution.... not sure how our system is acting since upgrade, but foiling spammers was important upgrade feature.  

The other Group 7 mods have controls, ability to edit or delete posts so this thread may disappear if more data shows a spammer... 

The group I'm in is the best.  All the other groups ... aren't !!! 😉

I'm sure there's some logic to it ... based on the new system's programming.  But I don't know what it is.

23 minutes ago, samsonboi said:

What does the group designation mean? exactly what is each group?

What it means is since Mike is a 7 and I'm a 3, I'm better than him. The lower number the better, just like in golf.

Oh ... you're supposed to try for LOWER numbers in Golf?  Huh.  See, I like golf ... and I like bowling.  Coincidentally, I get the similar scores in both.  120 seems like such a nice, round number.

It looks like to me like the mods are all 7s and most of the Advanced members and bait fisherman are 3s, flatrock's a wild card though, he's a 6.

That was what had me wondering- why is flatrock a 6? Flatrock, can you answer this? Are you better than a moderator but not as good as Mark or me?

16 minutes ago, samsonboi said:

That was what had me wondering- why is flatrock a 6? Flatrock, can you answer this? Are you better than a moderator but not as good as Mark or me?

Not sure what happened... I was on a medical sabbatical when the Moderators received expanded, editorial controls... a few months of inactive, lurking here, when free time was scarce... I don’t need or want rights to delete posts or lock down threads so 6 is just right...😎😎