Fly Tying
flytire

May Flies From the Vise

1 hour ago, Swamp Fly said:

Bwahahaha! That's awesome.  Didn't realize how much I needed a laugh. Thank you.

Oh, and nice fly too...

Swamp

👍

Kimo

4 minutes ago, Johnw1986 said:

Baby bass

EP fibers colored in with sharpie markers

9876AD55-AE04-4675-8C40-7B6237ED66BA.jpeg

Bro i am going to buy some ep fibers. How do you make them?

JohnW1986, what are you using to adhere the living eyes?  I've been having trouble keeping the eyes adhered when fished in saltwater.  I've tried zap goo and Loctite super glue gel and in both cases the eyes simply slide off after a couple of casts. 

3 hours ago, Julius Riffle said:

Freestyle kebari

Thread: 8/0 Red

Body: White and brown natural moose mane

Thorax: Peacock herl

Hackle: Speckled hen soft hackle, tied backwards

Is your last name really Riffle? That would be too cool for a fly fisherman. Nice fly too, by the way. If you don't mind a tiny bit of criticism, I would say make the head a little smaller. But still, very nice.

48 minutes ago, FlyTieGuyFL said:

JohnW1986, what are you using to adhere the living eyes?  I've been having trouble keeping the eyes adhered when fished in saltwater.  I've tried zap goo and Loctite super glue gel and in both cases the eyes simply slide off after a couple of casts. 

I’ve been using liquid fusion on my baitfish flies

1 hour ago, Mark Knapp said:

Is your last name really Riffle? That would be too cool for a fly fisherman. Nice fly too, by the way. If you don't mind a tiny bit of criticism, I would say make the head a little smaller. But still, very nice.

Thanks Mark. I agree about the head, it's amazing all the little things you notice when you can zoom in on a fly.

Unfortunately it's not my name, I borrowed it from my great-great grandfather. I found it while doing some genealogy last year and fell in love with it, for obvious reasons.