Fly Tying
flytire

May Flies From the Vise

2 minutes ago, flymanaj said:

This one is a size 12 but I think a size 10 hook may work better with this body size.

ย 

Thank you

ย 

11 hours ago, Flat Rock native said:

You are correct, they would suck them right down. ย Bring the small forceps to catch-and-release.... Thanks to TSM for posting

I was trying for something that looked like a bee.ย 

RCRP Emerger Olive/Black, Badger Hackle, CDC Legs

95567946_3250329531644999_24987150525807

Kimo

I just tried two flys the first is a walleye fly that I call the cotton candy and the second is a parachute I came up with.

ย 

20200502_172355.jpg

20200502_172219.jpg

I'm out of practice. I crowded the head so much I didn't have room for the wing, so I left it off. My fault for wanting to put three different hackle colors on the fly I guess.ย 

ย 

IMG_20200429_133615567-1_kindlephoto-2257122062.jpg

The fly tying materials I ordered earlier in the week showed up in the mail today. One of them - a ringneck pheasant hen skin - I almost didn't order but now I am glad I did. The feathers are very soft and the skin has some nice chickabou or marabou-like feathers. So, I sat down and tied a couple of flies. The first is a generic soft hackle. The first fly is a generic soft hackle. The second fly is a woolly bugger.

20200502_165932.jpg

20200502_172723.jpg

Landon, on your "inverted" Walleye fly, I will tie inverted colors and fish them as wounded baitfish.ย  Ever wonder why there's rarely seen a wounded minnow -because nature takes care of them.ย  Fish love an easy meal.

I cisco imitation i tied.

GOPR0313.thumb.JPG.3ccfb40c20c7171f0965b738f320ce89.JPG

TIER ... that's actually a pretty good picture!ย  Looks like an effective jig pattern, too.

3 hours ago, spiralspey said:

I'm out of practice. I crowded the head so much I didn't have room for the wing, so I left it off. My fault for wanting to put three different hackle colors on the fly I guess.ย 

ย 

IMG_20200429_133615567-1_kindlephoto-2257122062.jpg

Feel free to send me any โ€œmistakesโ€ you just canโ€™t stand to keep around, that is a nice fly๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŽฃ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž