Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
The Mad Duck

Weather Forecast

Well, With all of the things in place, like no wind, warm temps, and abundant sunshine, I was ready to crush the fish. Didnt happen. I managed two decent Bluegills and one Bass that MIGHT have been a pound. I threw every size, shape and color I had in the boxes. I used droppers, changed droppers and kept changing droppers. Not happening.

Now, fish were popping the surface everywhere and I managed to see what they were eating. It was a small white fly of some sort. I went to the dry fly box and got out a white puffy fly...Nope, Not buying that either.

The fish were schooling all over the pond. The bluegills were grouped in pods of 15-20 fish and would not even look at what I was throwing. I've been fishing this pond for years and have never seen the fish do this. The full moon is next week and usually the week before and the week of the full moon in May are the best for big Bluegills. Well, the week before aint happening this year. Very Odd and not real satisfying to get my ass kicked by a bunch of fish.

A Bluebird kinda day in Johnson County Wyoming.  Best weather since September, maybe 75 degrees.

But I got skunked at two lakes.... did not even care...   felt sooooo good just to get out there... sometimes it’s about the journey not the destination..  watched a guy land a thick, 20 inch Rainbow, it was the 3rd one that big for him on Saturday...   my puppy got a great workout, but got so tired he behaved well the entire evening...

Can post some scenery pictures of the sites but my pics will not match those of TMD, nor do I wish to hijack the thread...

We got 2.6 inches of rain in less than two hours last night.  Won't do anything for the River, it was too localized.  It WILL revitalize my "Home Pond".  Might go tomorrow ... but will definitely go Sunday.

I'm just glad I am south of the places in my state (Michigan) that got hit with tons of rain. Some places up where my cabin area is at got 8" in less than 48hrs a few days ago 😬

Sounds like a Texas shower. We got 3" in 45 minutes one day last spring. At one point for a couple minutes my weather station was showing 9.9" per hour. Couldn't see my back fence 50' away.

During a good summer, we can get rains like this every afternoon.  If the Atlantic breezes and the Gulf breezes converge over your location, you're going to get a few brief thunder showers.  We like them.  But we haven't had any for quite some time.

Hopefully, the Summer pattern will stick around this year and we'll keep water flowing normally.