Fly Tying
bluenose

Orvis Silver Label Waders

Hi:

I'm interested in the Orvis Silver Label waders. Available sizing is better than some other brands and the cost, with the exchange rate to Canadian funds, is decent.

Anyone have experience with this model?

Regards.

Yup I had 2 pair of them about 4 yrs ago (I'm hard on waders sad.gif ) they are a decent wader but They just didnt hold up for me. Started getting seam leaks in the feet after about 2 seasons on both pair. For the money I'd suggest looking into the Simms freestone waders ($149) they have lasted me for 3 season so far without any sign of problems and are a far better deal IMO.

SD

I have had my silver labels for 3 years and 2 months. My fishing partner bought his pair a few months after I purchased mine.

Both of us feel they are worth every cent (we paid $180). I have had no leaks, fell once and ripped the outer layer at the knee, but not all the way through. Patched well with the supplied kit. I use them 60-80 times a year. In the summer I just wet wade.

The warrenty is based on four year (as I remember) 1 year you only pay 1/4 of the price if there is a problem, 2nd year you only pay half if there is a problem, 3rd year, well you get it.

Haver had several other types, When I need another pair, I'll look for the best warrenty.

Conehead

Iam with Steeldrifter on the simms freestone had mine 6yrs now not a bitt of problems paid 195.00 cdn Iuse mine about 35 times each year

Hope this helps you out

Mike