Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

10' 3wt BACK TO WORK!

Things are finally starting to get back to a bit more normal here lately. Back in the shop on a daily bases again building. This one today out of the shop is a 10' 3wt Euro rod ready for its new owner.

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

Basically the length and the bit softer action. Guys use it for multiple nymph set up so the extra length and action works better for that. They can still be used for normal dries and such though.

I use mine to get a fly through snags and pads.  The 10 foot length gives me the lift to pull a sinking fly up over sticks/logs and other submerged snags.  I tied my 2019 Richmond Flies 01.jpg

mesh minnow on it.  I don't know what "euro nymphing" is ... but I like my 10 footer from Steve.

21 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Basically the length and the bit softer action. Guys use it for multiple nymph set up so the extra length and action works better for that. They can still be used for normal dries and such though.

Thanks, I'm glad my fish are stupider than me. Some fly fishers seem to get very technical to catch a fish. I don't want to have to think too hard. I just want to catch fish.