Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Gettin dirty

Gotta find something else to do with all this down time. So now that the t bird I sold is out of the back yard it opened up a little room to "play in the dirt" ;)

Neat, slow mo action video!  Looks like fun.  Can you counterweight the front end to keep it down more?  Looks like the engine has enough power to carry it.

15 minutes ago, mikechell said:

Neat, slow mo action video!  Looks like fun.  Can you counterweight the front end to keep it down more?  Looks like the engine has enough power to carry it.

Power...it looks like it could plow a small farm with correct attachments👍👍🚜🚜😎😎

15 hours ago, mikechell said:

It's pretty much balanced 50/50 front to back which is basically what you want. It just has so much power because of the brushless motors it lifts the front end up at will. It's easy to level it out in the air by applying power to raise the front end or brakes to lower the front end, but I just have to knock the rust off my driving since I haven't messed with it much all winter.

Ever thought of making one of those with front wheel drive so it COULDN'T lift the front end?

1 hour ago, mikechell said:

Ever thought of making one of those with front wheel drive so it COULDN'T lift the front end?

That would negate the purpose of a Monster truck ;)

That's great! The 8 footer was impressive. I think with the right pitch you can easily hit 10. 

hDcbek.jpg

Oops! lol.... Greg it could most likely reach 20ft if I really wanted. I was getting 8ft with prob a 6ft run up at 10mph. If I hit it full bore 40mph no tellin how high it would get. Landing would not be purdy though.

1 hour ago, mikechell said:

NOOOOO !!!

He might accidentally crash it into the Movie Room !!!

That's just the new 3D projector he installed! Dare ya not to move! 😈

On 5/6/2020 at 5:47 PM, Steeldrifter said:

hDcbek.jpg

Oops! lol.... Greg it could most likely reach 20ft if I really wanted. I was getting 8ft with prob a 6ft run up at 10mph. If I hit it full bore 40mph no tellin how high it would get. Landing would not be purdy though.

Don’t do it until you install the parachute package, after that No Hold Backs....#waitin.to.see.flyingStuff

Finally got the new 7075 aluminum hubs machined to replace the plastic ones. These should not round out now.

Just a big kid with very expensive toys :)

101_6271.JPG

101_6276.JPG